Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2016, 09:28 AM   #1

Question about K1 settings.

Question about the K1& settings please. I just got mine and have proceeded to turn off all corrections & NR settings like I always have with all my Pentax cameras (still have a K5 IIs for sale!). Is it necessary like it was with APS-C bodies or are there added benefits? Thanks.

10-06-2016, 10:08 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Are you shooting in RAW or JPEG? I think most of those settings don't have any effect in RAW mode (or if they do they are just stored as metadata). If you go through the user manual it will explain what (if any) effect the settings have in each mode.

Why do you feel it's "necessary" to turn them off? Are you post-processing in Lightroom?
10-06-2016, 11:55 AM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those settings only apply to JPEGs, so you can probably just leave them off.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you. I shoot RAW.

10-06-2016, 12:36 PM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Those settings only apply to JPEGs, so you can probably just leave them off.
Well it depends on what settings exactly the OP is talking about.

The Horizon Correction is a hardware feature so that would effect RAW and JPEG alike. (Similarly with AA Filter and Shake Reduction, although I'm not sure I would call those "corrections"). Lens correction is saved with a RAW file although it could be removed or overridden in post if you desire.
10-06-2016, 04:06 PM   #6

Original Poster
Yup, I meant highlights, shadows, NR, stuff like that. Thanks again!
10-07-2016, 03:22 AM   #7
Pentaxian

It was said in another recent thread that NR was applied to RAW files as well as jpegs, and as such would be the only 'correction ' setting that's effect would be apparent in third party RAW conversion programs.