Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2016, 11:03 AM   #1

Image not saved?

Hi;

I have a Pentax K-30 that has presented some issues recently.

Intermittently, it would display "Memory card error" or "image not saved" or words to that effect. I would take out the card, stare at it menacingly, pop it back in, turn the camera on and off several times, then it would be fine, until the next time.

I have just returned from a vacation and notice that a whole series of shots are missing; I guess I did not check after each shot. I haven't had a chance to try another memory card yet.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks;
Chris

10-11-2016, 11:21 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would try formatting the card in-camera and try again. (after backing up any photos still on the card) Errors will pop up if the memory card hasn't been formatted in awhile. If that doesn't work, time to try a new card.
10-11-2016, 11:25 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well, the best case would be a problem with the memory card. Worse case would be a problem with your K30, either in the card slot or something else in the camera.

First thing I would do is get a different card and try that. If the new card works without a problem, then the fault is in the camera. At that point, you would need to decide if the camera is worth fixing.

Hopefully, it is just the card.
10-11-2016, 12:34 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
First thing I would do is get a different card and try that. If the new card works without a problem, then the fault is in the camera. At that point, you would need to decide if the camera is worth fixing.

Hopefully, it is just the card.
If a new card works, wouldn't that indicate a problem with the old card, not the camera?

10-11-2016, 12:47 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
I would try formatting the card in-camera and try again. (after backing up any photos still on the card) Errors will pop up if the memory card hasn't been formatted in awhile. If that doesn't work, time to try a new card.
Hi Paulh;
How do I format the card in-camera?
Chris
10-11-2016, 12:53 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisDx Quote
Hi Paulh;
How do I format the card in-camera?
Chris
I don't own a K30, but it's a standard menu option on every Pentax DSLR I've used. On my K10D, it's under the "wrench" icon (setup) - not sure where it is on the K30. Perhaps a K30 owner can chime in, or you can consult your manual.
10-11-2016, 01:06 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
I don't own a K30, but it's a standard menu option on every Pentax DSLR I've used. On my K10D, it's under the "wrench" icon (setup) - not sure where it is on the K30. Perhaps a K30 owner can chime in, or you can consult your manual.
Found it. Did it. Let's see what happens.
10-11-2016, 04:44 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Quartermaster James Quote
If a new card works, wouldn't that indicate a problem with the old card, not the camera?

Yeah, your right. I knew what I wanted to say, I just didn't get it out right.

10-11-2016, 06:09 PM   #9
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisDx Quote
Found it. Did it. Let's see what happens.
If you have not been formatting your card then it's a good chance that you just fixed your problem. If that did not, it's most likely time for a new card. I format my cards after every download, but even if you don't, you ned to do it often.