Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2016, 09:23 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Image Synch App

Does the current Image Synch app work with the K3?

10-12-2016, 09:47 AM   #2

No,only K1,K70,KS2,GRii,WG-M2
10-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K-3 doesn't have Wi-Fi, so no.

You can use the O-FC1 flucard, which has a universal web interface, though.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses.

Michael

10-12-2016, 11:55 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Is it worth purchasing the Flucard to use with the Image Synch App on my cell phone? I have not seen very many positive reviews? Anyone using or used it?

Michael
10-12-2016, 01:21 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The K-3 doesn't have Wi-Fi, so no.

You can use the O-FC1 flucard, which has a universal web interface, though.
In doing some snoping in the Image Sync software, I find it shares most of the code with the Flucard. Only real difference is the built-in WiFi for Image Sync.

RONC
10-12-2016, 03:13 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mapleleaf-Mick Quote
Is it worth purchasing the Flucard to use with the Image Synch App on my cell phone? I have not seen very many positive reviews? Anyone using or used it?

Michael

I'm not sure you're aware, Mick, but the Flucard doesn't use Image Sync, it uses the Chrome or Safari web browsers.
10-12-2016, 04:04 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks I was aware of that. I am just trying to figure out a way to use my Galaxy tablet that only has wi fi with my K3. I want to be able to use Live View on my tablet for macro and astrophotography. Accessing aperture, iso etc. Would be nice as well. Having to use my cell phone in addition to the tablet would be a pain in the butt What is the best way to pull this off? I have a 7 inch Lilliput monitor I may be able to use to see Live View for focusing purposes but I am not sure how and if that will work.

So right now it looks like I have three options. Flu Card, Image Synch software (both would require the use of my cell phone) in addition to my tablet and the Lilliput monitor which would provide focusing magnification only with no wi fi requirement. Am I missing anything here? Is there any other ways to make this work? Really appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Michael

10-12-2016, 04:29 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks I was aware of that. I am just trying to figure out a way to use my Galaxy tablet that only has wi fi with my K3. I want to be able to use Live View on my tablet for macro and astrophotography. Accessing aperture, iso etc. Would be nice as well. Having to use my cell phone in addition to the tablet would be a pain in the butt What is the best way to pull this off? I have a 7 inch Lilliput monitor I may be able to use to see Live View for focusing purposes but I am not sure how and if that will work.

So right now it looks like I have three options. Flu Card, Image Synch software (both would require the use of my cell phone) in addition to my tablet and the Lilliput monitor which would provide focusing magnification only with no wi fi requirement. Am I missing anything here? Is there any other ways to make this work? Really appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Michael
I use my tablet with Image Sync and with Flucard before I got the K 1 with built in wifi. I have an old Nexus 7 2013. I also use my win10 laptop and Bluestacks - Android with Image Sync.
Keep your phone for other uses. The Galaxy should work with Image Sync.
RONC
PM me if you wish and I will help you. BTW I speak Western Canadian as in Albertan.
10-12-2016, 04:43 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks rechmbrs I will Pm you.

Michael
10-12-2016, 04:44 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks I was aware of that ... Having to use my cell phone in addition to the tablet would be a pain in the butt
Nuh, you're still mixed-up, Michael.

The phone doesn't provide the wifi, the Flu Card does. It acts as a router.
10-12-2016, 05:57 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I am indeed mixed up. Don't you need Internet access to be able to use the flu card?

Michael
10-12-2016, 08:23 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am indeed mixed up. Don't you need Internet access to be able to use the flu card?

Michael
Definitely not. In fact, for the simplest setup you want to disconnect the tablet or laptop from any other data connection than the card's.

The card will hand out a new IP address to your tablet from its own subnet.

10-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hmmmm maybe that is the way to go. Will it give me live view so I can focus more precisely and the ability to control aperture, iso etc. from my Tablet?
10-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hmmmm maybe that is the way to go. Will it give me live view so I can focus more precisely and the ability to control aperture, iso etc. from my Tablet?
Yes.