Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2016, 10:20 AM   #1

My Pentax P30t won't turn on

Hey everyone! So I just put new 1.5v batteries in my Pentax p30t after not using the camera for a year or so and for some reason it won't turn on! I'm pretty sure these are the right batteries and that they're in correctly so I don't know what else it could be. The winding lever won't wind all the way either and when I turn the camera on there's SO shutter speed in the viewfinder so I don't think it's registering the batteries at all.. any suggestions on what might be wrong? I appreciate it!

10-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The P30T runs on either (2) 1.55V silver oxide (or alkaline) Panasonic G13=Duracell MS76=Eveready EPX76=Varta V76PX or (1) 3V CR-1/3N battery. If you have a volt meter, check the battery first as I've bought "new" batteries that didn't have sufficient charge. New 1.55V button cells should have over 1.6 volts and a good new 3V well over the 3 volt charge. Older cameras are more finicky and once the battery approaches the minimum voltage needed, the camera won't run.

If the batteries check out, and you are putting it in with the correct + and - sides, clean the contacts with at least 70% proof rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab.

Also, if that is all in order, electronics doesn't like to be "dead" for long periods of time, so it may need to be left on before 'coming back to life'.