Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2016, 04:47 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Support Services in the USA

Will we get more options than Precision Camera Repair in the not-too-distant future?

What about just opening parts sales to other repair facilities?

12-02-2016, 09:10 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Thank you very much for your questions. When you search for information about our company you will most likely see the words “Ricoh Image Change”. We are constantly striving to find new ways to improve products and services. I am happy to be a part of a passionate and dedicated team of people that are focused on providing excellent customer service. I do not have any specific information about future plans but I am very optimistic about the possibilities.
12-02-2016, 05:32 PM - 1 Like   #3
mee
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigRed Quote
Thank you very much for your questions. When you search for information about our company you will most likely see the words “Ricoh Image Change”. We are constantly striving to find new ways to improve products and services. I am happy to be a part of a passionate and dedicated team of people that are focused on providing excellent customer service. I do not have any specific information about future plans but I am very optimistic about the possibilities.
I'm glad you are here and taking questions... welcome to Pentax Forums!

One significant aspect of providing excellent customer service would be to invest in excellent repair services (In house if I had my druthers). Or, at the very least, open repair services up to multiple repair sites across the country. That way, we get a choice, and that choice also drives each service center to better improve their service quality.

I'm afraid, currently, the single repair facility Pentax have allocated to us here in the United States is in need of significant correction. Especially in communication but also in lens repair service abilities. Body repair seems to be fairly ok. There also needs to be a dedicated, pro service for the K-1 lineup (body and lenses).

I've all but stopped buying Pentax lenses until I see improvements with repair services. For the one or two I do still intend to buy (due to no 3rd party competing design), I'm looking at 3rd party warranty to completely skip repair services due to previous negative experience.

I look forward to seeing what Ricoh Imaging does to improve and build repair services for the Pentax lineup in the United States!
12-05-2016, 03:50 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I'm glad you are here and taking questions... welcome to Pentax Forums!

One significant aspect of providing excellent customer service would be to invest in excellent repair services (In house if I had my druthers). Or, at the very least, open repair services up to multiple repair sites across the country. That way, we get a choice, and that choice also drives each service center to better improve their service quality.

I'm afraid, currently, the single repair facility Pentax have allocated to us here in the United States is in need of significant correction. Especially in communication but also in lens repair service abilities. Body repair seems to be fairly ok. There also needs to be a dedicated, pro service for the K-1 lineup (body and lenses).

I've all but stopped buying Pentax lenses until I see improvements with repair services. For the one or two I do still intend to buy (due to no 3rd party competing design), I'm looking at 3rd party warranty to completely skip repair services due to previous negative experience.

I look forward to seeing what Ricoh Imaging does to improve and build repair services for the Pentax lineup in the United States!
Thank you again for your posts.