Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
02-11-2017, 04:09 AM   #46

Original Poster
Hi altopiet, the like was for the informative response. Not for the bad news no lol

---------- Post added 02-11-17 at 04:11 AM ----------

psoo, If my k50 was out of warranty I'd use my 50/50 rule. I won't pay to repair anything that's 1/2 the cost of the item. Actually it's a 60-40 rule. Depending on the item.

---------- Post added 02-11-17 at 04:17 AM ----------

It's a shame pentax didn't get rid of the problem for good after the K30 had the issue. How could they continue producing another model with the same issues.

Template:Pentax digital interchangeable lens cameras - Wikipedia

although the timeline wasn't that great, must be a money generating issue which is what business is all about. But at what cost

02-11-2017, 06:13 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by enyaw Quote
Hi altopiet, the like was for the informative response. Not for the bad news no lol

---------- Post added 02-11-17 at 04:11 AM ----------

psoo, If my k50 was out of warranty I'd use my 50/50 rule. I won't pay to repair anything that's 1/2 the cost of the item. Actually it's a 60-40 rule. Depending on the item.

---------- Post added 02-11-17 at 04:17 AM ----------

It's a shame pentax didn't get rid of the problem for good after the K30 had the issue. How could they continue producing another model with the same issues.

Template:Pentax digital interchangeable lens cameras - Wikipedia

although the timeline wasn't that great, must be a money generating issue which is what business is all about. But at what cost
Thank you, an extensive thread discussing the problem, and some peoples feelings regarding it... K-30 / K-50 Aperture Block Failue - Repair Solution available - Page 25 - PentaxForums.com

I agree with your sentiments completely
02-14-2017, 10:26 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by psoo Quote
I have some good news. I was experimenting with my K50 and the manual Tak M 50mm, f/2 lens. As I said previously, the combo worked well and it circumvented the aperture block problem. On a whim, I changed the manual lens to my Tak 18-250 mm lens and, hallelujah, the lens worked perfectly. The aperture block problem fixed itself. Maybe the jiggling around with the manual lens unlocked something and jolted the K50 back to normal. Has anyone else experienced a Pentax camera self-repairing the aperture block problem? I'll keep you posted to let you know if this is a temporary or permanent fix.
Hi Folks, I'm sad to tell you that my K50 broke down again and the aperture block problem re-emerged and the camera is again giving vast underexposures. I guess it was too much to expect that the camera would stay repaired. Well, I'm back to my old strategy of using manual lenses on the K50 and auto ones on my Kx
05-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #49

Original Poster
Hi I need a clarification. I know the lens works in M, and my second option is AV or TAV are they the same? The guides say AV but what is TAV then?

Thanks,