Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2016, 06:14 AM   #1

Pentax K-70

Hi

I have the Pentax K-50 and Tamron 90mm macro and a Sigma 18-250mm HMS. They all have the mechanical linkage arm for aperture control. But regarding all the trouble I have been reading about the mechanical linkage arm failure, I am sure it will happen sooner or later to my camera also.

The big question is. Do the new Pentax K-70 also have the mechanical linkage arm, so I can use my old lenses in automatic mode, or shall I use manual control.

I know that the new Pentax K-70 use electronic control for aperture control, but I cant afford buying new lenses.

If the new K-70 not is backward kompetibel with mechanical linkage arm for aperture control. I'll newer buy a Pentax camera any more. I have been using Pentax camera all my life.

Best regards,

Torben Pedersen

Denmark

12-04-2016, 06:27 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello Torben. Yes, the K-70 has mechanical aperture control, just the same as every other Pentax DSLR. There is only *one* lens currently where the aperture is controlled electronically, so it wouldn't be practical for Ricoh to release a Pentax camera without the mechanical aperture control.

I suppose there is a slim chance that, years from now - assuming there are enough electronically-controlled-aperture lenses in the line-up by then - they might release a camera without the mechanical linkage, but it would be a looooong time away

Backward compatibility with all K-mount lenses continues to be a big attraction for Pentax shooters
12-04-2016, 08:09 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks a lot for the information. Now I can relax and enjoy Pentax cameras, with my lenses. I don't know why I have been in love with Pentax all my life, but there are something that attracts me. Perhaps it's the rocked feeling when holding a Pentax camera in my hand.

Best regards,

Torben
12-05-2016, 04:10 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Thank you for your post

Hello Torben,

There is a very good explanation of the history of the Pentax mounts listed here.

The Evolution of the Pentax K-mount - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

Thanks,

12-06-2016, 07:46 AM   #5

Original Poster
Hi BigRed

Thanks a lot for the link. I will read it carefully. :-)

Best regards,

Torben pedersen
12-06-2016, 10:24 AM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for posting.