Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
12-05-2016, 09:27 AM   #1
Pentaxian

List of USA authorized dealers

This is a 2-part request:

1) Where can I find a list of authorized dealers in the USA?

2) Please make the list easier to find on your website. I searched via Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation and Google but couldn't find a current list.

12-05-2016, 12:51 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Thank you for your post. On the Ricoh Imaging Global website there is a Dealer finding tool but it is not active for the US. I have contacted the Ricoh Imaging Management Team for an updated list and I also asked them for assistance posting it to the website.
12-05-2016, 02:05 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DeadJohn Recent Pentax Listed of Dealers 2014 Attached

Hi,

For some reason I could not find a way to send this to DeadJohn (Pentax Forums Member), so I created this thread to try to have him attain the attached Authorized Dealer List that I had from 2014. I would not normally do this, but I could not find a way to reply to his thread in the Camera Help area. This is also for others that may want to see the file. Note that after you click on the image file shortcut below, a grey rectangle will appear in the lower left of your screen that you can click on to open the file.

Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Authorized_Dealer_List_10-29-14.pdf (356.2 KB, 527 views)

Last edited by C_Jones; 12-05-2016 at 02:17 PM.
12-05-2016, 02:11 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Hi,

For some reason I could not find a way to send this to Dead John (Pentax Forums Member), so I created this thread to try to have him attain the attached Authorized Dealer List that I had from 2014. I would not normally do this, but I could not find a way to reply to his thread in the Camera Help area. This is also for others that may want to see the file.

Thank you.
I've moved your post to his thread. Note that you can't otherwise reply to others' threads in this forum, since it's meant to be a one-on-one support section.

Thanks for attaching this!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigRed Quote
Thank you for your post. On the Ricoh Imaging Global website there is a Dealer finding tool but it is not active for the US. I have contacted the Ricoh Imaging Management Team for an updated list and I also asked them for assistance posting it to the website.
Improvements to the search tool are being made currently and it will be updated soon.

Last edited by BigRed; 12-05-2016 at 03:12 PM.
12-05-2016, 06:29 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Hi,

For some reason I could not find a way to send this to DeadJohn (Pentax Forums Member), so I created this thread to try to have him attain the attached Authorized Dealer List that I had from 2014. I would not normally do this, but I could not find a way to reply to his thread in the Camera Help area. This is also for others that may want to see the file. Note that after you click on the image file shortcut below, a grey rectangle will appear in the lower left of your screen that you can click on to open the file.

Thank you.
That old list is partly why I'm asking this question. I see dealers that are out of business, others list the K20D as the newest Pentax DSLR so they probably just have old stock rather than being current dealers, etc. I'd hate to order from someone who is no longer a dealer and then find my warranty is worthless.
12-06-2016, 10:22 AM - 1 Like   #7
Forum Member

Current Dealer List

Here is the most current list from Marketing.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf AUTHORIZED DEALER LIST.pdf (151.8 KB, 419 views)
12-06-2016, 02:25 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
@BigRed, Is it possible half the list is missing? There's nothing east of the Mississippi River other than the stores in Manhattan (NY).

Amazon and Hunts Photo (8 stores in New England) are not listed. Purchases from them get zero warranty coverage?
12-06-2016, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
@BigRed, Is it possible half the list is missing? There's nothing east of the Mississippi River other than the stores in Manhattan (NY).

Amazon and Hunts Photo (8 stores in New England) are not listed. Purchases from them get zero warranty coverage?
That is the list that was provided by Marketing. It shows some east coast locations on the second page. They are working on the search tool for the website and it should be released soon.
12-07-2016, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigRed Quote
That is the list that was provided by Marketing. It shows some east coast locations on the second page. They are working on the search tool for the website and it should be released soon.
Based on that list, purchases from Amazon get no warranty support. Can you check to see if the Warranty group has another list?
12-07-2016, 04:54 PM   #11
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Based on that list, purchases from Amazon get no warranty support. Can you check to see if the Warranty group has another list?
The list comes from Marketing. They are working on the list as a part of an upgrade of the website's search tool. When the search tool is complete customers will be able search for a local dealer in their area. The upgrade will be complete soon. Thanks.
12-12-2016, 09:18 AM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Looks like the Ricoh Imaging USA web site has just been updated. Here's the dealer finder page:

Authorized Ricoh Imaging Americas Dealers

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-12-2016, 10:33 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Looks like the Ricoh Imaging USA web site has just been updated. Here's the dealer finder page:

Authorized Ricoh Imaging Americas Dealers
Thanks.

That shows a disheartening map. There's a cluster of 4 dealers in Manhattan, then the next closest are in Chicago and Dallas. New England and the entire southeast US have zero dealers.

Purchases directly from Amazon don't seem to be authorized, either.
04-01-2018, 05:30 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Just saw that Buydig in Edison- NJ, who has the best new price on the KP- says they are an authorized Pentax dealer. Buyer beware, since they do not appear on the authorized list!
06-09-2021, 09:49 AM   #15

Pentax Authorized US Dealers

Ricoh Imaging does indeed have a list of their authorized US dealers on their web site. Although it hasn't been updated since June of 2019, you can find those here:

Authorized Ricoh Imaging Americas Dealers - Ricoh

There's also an un-authorized dealers link there.

So if you see any of those un-authorized firms listing things on ebay, Amazon, or anywhere else, it's always Gray Market equipment, which will have no US warranty, so you'll get no service or support, even if you want to pay for it.