Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2016, 02:37 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K-1 Playback stopped working

Suddenly my K-1 playback button has stopped working. It worked maybe 1 of 10 tries for an hour or so when I noticed today and now I think I can not playback anymore. It takes pictures fine. Last firmware 1.4 , I use san disk extreme pro cards. I have formatted cards, tried different cards, reset, different lenses. Nothing fixes it. Anything else I can try before sending it for repair? It has failed me just I need it the most traveling overseas.

12-18-2016, 04:06 PM   #2
CDW
Veteran Member

If you haven't tried it and I'm not sure if it is possible. Try reloading 1.4.
12-18-2016, 10:41 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry, but I have to ask...Are you certain there are images on the card to review? Are you also certain that the playback button is the only function that is not working?

Steve
12-19-2016, 04:41 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rudy Quote
Suddenly my K-1 playback button has stopped working. It worked maybe 1 of 10 tries for an hour or so when I noticed today and now I think I can not playback anymore. It takes pictures fine. Last firmware 1.4 , I use san disk extreme pro cards. I have formatted cards, tried different cards, reset, different lenses. Nothing fixes it. Anything else I can try before sending it for repair? It has failed me just I need it the most traveling overseas.
For what its worth, this issue seems to been reported in DPREVIEW (approx 2 months ago) albeit different firmware rev and different cards/speeds. As of now, no fix has been reported.

K-1 Playback button issue?: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

12-19-2016, 05:25 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Sorry, but I have to ask...Are you certain there are images on the card to review? Are you also certain that the playback button is the only function that is not working?

Steve
Yes I am sure there are images on the card because once I noticed the failure to switch to playback I started to test formatting the card, reset, different card and lenses etc I was able to see my new test pics when I was able to playback in one of ten trials for example. Initially it would switch to playback after a reset or pulling battery out but lately not anymore.

Yes it seems that only the playback button is the only function not working. More specifically I would say when the playback button is pressed the camera fails to switch to playback mode resulting in continue to stay in camera mode or a a couple of times on switched but black screen and a couple of times on successful display of pics taken I every 20 trials.
12-19-2016, 06:45 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My K1 snapped out of playback several times (showed menus instead). Finally settled down. Glitches?
12-21-2016, 04:20 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
today 3 days later my k-1 playback button is working normally again. The only difference I can say I have between the last weekend and now is that I was at 11,000 feet above sea level when it was not working and I am now at 600 feet above sea level when it is working today.. I am not saying this is the cause of this very strange behavior, just stating my observations.