Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-03-2017, 09:37 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Hildalill Quote
Is there an easy way to search for one's photos on the web? Find out where they have been posted?
Yes an image search on Google Images. Click the camera icon in the search bar.

01-03-2017, 04:46 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
Live in the UK.

But in terms of sharing images online...I treat it as though I'm leaving a print on a public noticeboard in a city centre. If it's gone the next day, it's gone...if I find copies of it on another board in a week's time, that's to be expected. If it's worth 1000s to me because I have a deal with a gallery or a publisher, I wouldn't leave it lying around at all. If I want to make a living from it, I would take payment for the production of the image and leave the ownership to someone else, by taking commissions or payment for time. If I'm famous enough for my images to be worth more than copyright lawyers charge, then my copy of it will be the only one worth anything anyway...and my book publishers and gallery owners can use their own lawyers if they want.
Copyright Law, with respect to Images, has received a minor overhaul here in Canada. I make Prints. There's nothing one can do about somebody taking a snapshot of it on their own computer screen and making prints for their walls, or a friend's wall. It's no different than the music industry has experienced over the past 16 years with Digital Files. And long before that, when we were making Mix Tapes from the Vinyl Albums that we bought. What are you gonna do? Not much. Besides, there's so much competition out there, that it is difficult to make a living just selling Images to a Clearing House. You really just have to slog away at it the good old fashioned way; Doing Weddings and Corporate Events. ,And that's not a bad gig. As long as the people pay.