Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2016, 01:00 PM   #1

Lens help

I have a K 30 and all my lenes are manual and fit and work fine,but one it is my Vivital 120-600 zoom also 5.6 to 32 rapture..It is a k mount but it also has a piece on the ring that sticks out futher than the rest almoust quarter way around.That is what is stopping that lens fron mounting on the body.My question is there a adaptor for this or a different ring?Please help this is my favorite lens to use.Thank you

12-27-2016, 01:11 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by grumpyone Quote
I have a K 30 and all my lenes are manual and fit and work fine,but one it is my Vivital 120-600 zoom also 5.6 to 32 rapture..It is a k mount but it also has a piece on the ring that sticks out futher than the rest almoust quarter way around.That is what is stopping that lens fron mounting on the body.My question is there a adaptor for this or a different ring?Please help this is my favorite lens to use.Thank you
There should be several JIS cross type screws (not Phillips-head!) on the aperture guard. You can unscrew those and remove the guard. You can then use a dremel to cut the guard down to a size that will fit, or just use the lens without it.
12-27-2016, 01:20 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You might like to look at this on the forum, there are some images and suggestions. Hope this link works.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/162645-extr...ra-long+flange
12-27-2016, 01:46 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, there are several of the old Vivitar lenses that have a large flange that must be cit down. If I remember correctly, I cut mine down with a hacksaw, being very careful not to damage the lens or let filings fall on the lens. It's aluminum so it cuts very easily. I also used a permanent black marker to cover the area where the flange was removed.

12-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I had to cut down a Tokina 28-2.8 A, fortunately the guard could be removed on it's own.
12-27-2016, 02:52 PM   #6

Original Poster
thanks

I found the screws,removed the ring and cleaned it up with my drummel.I amglad that someone has done this.I also saw the pictures.A Big THANK YOU.Happy New Year.