Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2016, 11:29 AM   #1

Buying from SRS micro systems

I have noticed that there are good deals advertised on srs Microsystems but I'm a little concerned.
From the info on the website they sound quite good and reliable BUT
Several reviews say they aren't any good and they have in the last few days been selling several items at a good price, with the info available until 31st Dec 2016
They have now cancelled these deals, so essentially they lied.
I know they have a right to change things maybe but it puts me off using them
If they can change one thing then they can change others too, and they don't do what they say.
Anyone any experience or thoughts about them?

12-28-2016, 11:39 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Never had anything except exemplary service from SRS, they are my "go to" shop for new Pentax equipment.
I do wait for special offers which always have always worked for me, although I know they have run out of sale
items because I was once offered a white KS-2 when they thought they were out of stock of black.
12-28-2016, 11:44 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent service from SRS. No qualms from buying from them. I've placed far too many orders with them for my bank balance ... Their current offers are based on availability. Was this why the offer was closed as they sold that particular item ? They still have many lenses for sale.
12-28-2016, 11:46 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kyrsten Stone Quote
Anyone any experience or thoughts about them?
Yes, I purchased via SRS. My understanding is that they offer time limited discounts on items they have in stock in order to keep refreshing their inventory. Once the discounted items are sold, they put the price back to normal on the newly received stock.
I did a super good deal with SRS, I sent them some of the gear I wasn't using and that I had purchased in Euros in the French market, They've offered me a part exchange based on agreed price in birtish £ (that was between 30% and 40% higher than the French price in Euros) and they did not enforce any time limit to use my credit to buy something new from them... after more then a year, the list price of the product I was interested in dropped, and, after a couple of months they did a short term discount to flush their stock on the same product I wanted, and that's when I place a purchase order, bingo! Thanks a lot SRS, it costed me a lot less than anything folks discuss here in this forum. BTW, good service from SRS, no issue.

12-28-2016, 11:55 AM   #5

Original Poster
thanks for that, the battery i was looking at was already out of stock so not sure about that but the grip wasn't and now is so could be that
12-28-2016, 12:04 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I have not had any problems with them, I would class them alongside Park Cameras as the best Pentax dealers.
12-28-2016, 12:27 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I order regularly by srs microsystems
They have proved to be reliable
and deliver very quickly.

12-28-2016, 12:44 PM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Crooski Quote
I order regularly by srs microsystems
They have proved to be reliable
and deliver very quickly.

I share this experience

12-28-2016, 12:49 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I always use them for Pentax gear, and never had any problems - top rate service, in fact, and genuinely big sale discounts on already competitive prices. I have in the past known them to continue taking orders after they are out of stock for dispatch when new stock arrives, but I guess different sales have different terms. I have no hesitation in ordering from them, though.
12-28-2016, 01:01 PM   #10

SRS are very good and very reliable
12-28-2016, 01:08 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have only one purchase from SRS Microsystems to date, in Feb 2015.
A K-5 that looked barely used, only visible signs of wear were on the lettering on the buttons on the rear. Nothing else to show that it had done 72K actuations.
The box, manual and charger all looked like new!
They had it on Ebay, for a buy it now price of £199 and when I rang to ask some questions about it's condition, the assistant answering the phone was initially surprised about the price, but checked with someone and then said the price was as listed.
To answer my question "what's the catch?" he replied "no catch, comes with a years warranty".
I bought it (arrived next day) and coming up to 23 months of use and a few thousand images, I am still very happy.
Bargain!
My enthusiasm for SRS may be a little much based on one purchase but I recommend them after this.
12-28-2016, 01:22 PM   #12
Pentaxian

I have dealt with SRS on many occasions and have nothing but praise for the company - whether mail order or in person at the shop, the service is always first class.

Philip
12-28-2016, 01:34 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have bought a few lenses with delivery to Sweden and deliveries have been exemplary.
12-28-2016, 01:36 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I´m Swedish, but i have bought from SRS 3-5 times because lenses can be so much cheaper from SRS.
One example, DA560 costs almost half the price at SRS vs Sweden and all the lenses are cheaper from SRS, but not cameras. ...
I´m not sure now, but for some years ago i think a lens was repacked from SRS.
12-28-2016, 01:47 PM   #15
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Kyrsten Stone Quote
Buying from SRS micro systems
No problems here from me, they do what they say and when they say... which is good enough for me.