Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2016, 02:51 PM   #1

Asahi Pentax KX Aperture-reader window

So I just purchased this KX (with a 50M/1.4 leather carrying messenger box with original papers) and noticed the aperture-reader window was completely exposed... No idea what to do about this, or if it will inhibit functionality. Help?

Thanks!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-T2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-T2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-T2  Photo 
12-30-2016, 04:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The first thing to do is protect the opening from debris getting in. Black tape will be unobtrusive over the hole. It is not essential to see the aperture via the view-finder.
12-30-2016, 04:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a black KX, very high on my "Most Coveted" list. If it were me, I would put black tape over the hole like Arnold said and enjoy it as-is.
12-30-2016, 05:18 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Your "Judas" window is missed aligned/or gone, this is a common issue with the KX & K2DMD.

A trip to Eric will fix the issue and I'm sure he has spares, It's a feature that I would miss, so I would get it fixed.

Phil.

12-30-2016, 05:20 PM   #5

Original Poster
There's also this peculiar thing going on with the viewfinder. Looks like broken glass/a coating that's coming off maybe? It doesn't affect what's viewed. No idea what it's about either. I'll tape over it for the time being, but I'm just trying to refurbish it as much as I can. Give her some tlc you know?

---------- Post added 12-30-16 at 05:23 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Your "Judas" window is missed aligned/or gone, this is a common issue with the KX & K2DMD.

A trip to Eric will fix the issue and I'm sure he has spares, It's a feature that I would miss, so I would get it fixed.

Phil.
I've heard of this Eric fellow, but haven't had the pleasure of making his acquaintance.
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s  Photo