Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2017, 12:05 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is the dealer locator complete? Is amazon.com an authorized US dealer?

Hi Ricoh/PENTAX representative, two questions. I would have added my comments to DeadJohn's earlier thread but I cannot.

1. Is the new dealer locator complete in that if a retailer is not listed there, it's not an authorized one?

You wrote
QuoteOriginally posted by BigRed Quote
When the search tool is complete customers will be able search for a local dealer in their area. The upgrade will be complete soon.
but no Ricoh/PENTAX representative announced that the dealer locator upgrade was complete since then.
I hope that it's still in development, as some important retailers (to me) are not on the list, which leads to the next question.

2. Is amazon.com an authorized dealer of Ricoh/PENTAX products in USA?
It's not on the dealer locator as of Jan/02/2017 11:00AM Pacific.

amazon.com is an authorized US dealer of Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic and Fuji products. When I buy things from amazon.com I don't usually worry if it's an authorized dealer, because most of the time it is. There seem to be some exceptions, and if Ricoh/PENTAX is one of them I understand your decision, I just want to hear a definitive statement.

Thank you for spending time on this!