Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2017, 07:44 PM   #1
Forum Member

anyone else editing their photos on a Toshiba laptop with HD Trubrite Display

Hi, I bought a Toshiba L75 around two years ago and I'm just starting to use it for editing in LightRoom. I am running into problems with the HD TruBrite display. The photos I edit on it look a lot warmer when posted online and viewing from another device, tablet or another computer. I chalk it up to my screen being not only very bright but very white. I ran the monitor calibration for Win10, with no change in color temperature. I'm not sure what to do at this point, looking for anyone else you may have had this trouble and some possible solutions.

01-13-2017, 08:19 PM - 1 Like   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Scotteroni Quote
I ran the monitor calibration for Win10, with no change in color temperature.
Many laptop monitors have an intrinsically limited gamut and are not suitable for calibration (makes little or no difference). You might want to consider purchase of an external monitor for this purpose.

Steve
01-14-2017, 05:36 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yes I'm starting to realize the screen on my laptop is not going to work for me despite messing around with the graphics settings. My desktop has a more accurate rendition of colors so I'm going to use that for now.
01-14-2017, 06:34 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I plug a top line Dell monitor into my laptop. The inbuilt screen simply doesn't cut it. If you want to do basic editing while on the move, consider an iPad. The screens are very accurate particularly the Pro version. Adobe is slowly getting its mobile apps sorted and if you use the CC subscription path for LR then edits can be sync'd.

01-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
I just found a free download on the net called F. Lux. I found I can change the color temperature of the screen and lock it. I spent about 5 minutes messing around with the controls and came up with something pretty close to what I see when my pictures are posted here or on other photo hosting sites.