Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-14-2017, 09:12 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Image Orientation when Posting is not correct.

I just did my very first post with 3 images from my new K3II and a old m42 lens. No matter what I do the images are not oriented correctly in my post. Can anyone help ?
here is the link to my first post.

01-14-2017, 09:18 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. Have a look at this thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/3-site-suggestions-help/303406-question-photo-rotation.html
01-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
here is the link... I guess I cant edit anything yet here as I'm new ?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/338028-first-post-new-k3ii...-paid-1-a.html

---------- Post added 01-14-17 at 10:35 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Thank You Parrallax. I will just turn off save auto rotate info then. I'm hoping that will fix it because I remove all info before I post anyway. I guess there must be some meta data left behind.
01-14-2017, 10:48 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When you rotate a photo in an editor or viewer you must save the image afterwards

01-14-2017, 12:53 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bengan Quote
When you rotate a photo in an editor or viewer you must save the image afterwards
Yes I did that upon downloading all my files.
01-14-2017, 01:57 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WestBug Quote
Yes I did that upon downloading all my files.

Not when downloading (or uploading as it is). Open the photo in an editor or a viewer on your computer. Rotate it, then save it. Now you upload it to Pentax Forums.
01-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bengan Quote
Not when downloading (or uploading as it is). Open the photo in an editor or a viewer on your computer. Rotate it, then save it. Now you upload it to Pentax Forums.
Going to try again right now. Its frustrating as I don't have any problems on a couple other Forums I'm on. Here goes

---------- Post added 01-14-17 at 03:57 PM ----------

Well , that didn't work either. I notice in the EXIF it says rotate 270 degrees ? I took out all information possible , made a copy , and downloaded. Somehow some EXIF or Meta Data is being read this PF site.
This is just a JPG straight from the camera with no post processing or PS , downloaded to a File in my pictures , copied after proper orientation to my desktop with all possible data removed , and uploaded here.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
01-15-2017, 01:48 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

I returned the orientation to 0 and saved using FastStone Imageviewer. This is the result.

Very nice shot, by the way.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
01-15-2017, 06:43 AM   #9
Pentaxian

I had this same problem. On my home computer, it would look fine. I'd send my pic to our competition chairman, it would look fine on her computer, too. But when it was projected during competition using FastStone, it would be flipped. I downloaded FastStone onto my computer and, for a while, would check my images through it and turn them whatever way I needed to make them come out right. Eventually, I just turned off the Auto Rotate and I haven't had any further problems. Personally, I think something contaminated my camera's software because I'd never had this problem until it popped up out of the blue one day.