Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2008, 08:23 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Newbie - Needs suggestions..

Hello all,

My first time here, I have an old 35mm Pentax which I have not used in ages. I don't even know where it is in the garage. I started to look at digital camera's to buy and I was settling on the Nikon D80 for my price budget. Just on a whim I started to look at Pentax since I owned one before. After a little research I was looking at the K200, then with the price alsmost the same I am now considering the K10D... Looking to purchase one this weekend so any thoughts, suggestions, would be appreciated.

Thanks all,

Troy

08-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Troy and welcome to the forums!

I haven't use the K200D but on specs it is on par with the K10D as far as sensor capabilities (same sensor, same resolution). The difference is in form factor and features. I'll leave the details for those who have used both to respond; they'll be around shortly I'm sure. I'll merely offer the following... if you liked having full control of the camera from "ages ago" then you'll probably like the K10D better. If you like the simplicity offered by today's digital P&S cameras then you'll likely prefer the K200D. And either way you go you'll be able to dust off those old lenses in the garage and mount them right up to your shiny new DSLR (may need an adapter if they are screw mount).
08-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lingtroy Quote
Hello all,

My first time here, I have an old 35mm Pentax which I have not used in ages. I don't even know where it is in the garage. I started to look at digital camera's to buy and I was settling on the Nikon D80 for my price budget. Just on a whim I started to look at Pentax since I owned one before. After a little research I was looking at the K200, then with the price alsmost the same I am now considering the K10D... Looking to purchase one this weekend so any thoughts, suggestions, would be appreciated.

Thanks all,

Troy
check used ones in the "marketplace" section or wait for a deal - no need to pay the full price for a new one...