Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2017, 12:25 PM   #1

trying to remove broken foot of Pentax 360 flash to fit new one.

Hi everyone, I have a replacement foot for my Pentax 360 flash and I am trying to change it. So far I have unscrewed the four outher screws and removed the base unit. I have removed the four inner screws and thiough the foot is now loose I can't remover it to put the new piece. How do I release what I believe is the locking pin that is sticking up inside and presumably is stopping me remove the foot? Thanks for your help.

02-03-2017, 01:24 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just took the foot apart on mine. Once you unscrew the four inner screws, which are also holding some metal strips, the base should easily separate. Just to be sure, we're talking the first generation AF 360FGZ?
02-03-2017, 03:47 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Just pulled mine apart and had a quick look.

The locking pin should not be an issue but a blob of solder on one of the other pins may be your problem as it would not fit through the hole.
02-03-2017, 06:34 PM   #4
MSF

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
I just took the foot apart on mine. Once you unscrew the four inner screws, which are also holding some metal strips, the base should easily separate. Just to be sure, we're talking the first generation AF 360FGZ?
Hi yes it's the first generation Af 360 fgz. The foot separates partly and then won't move more. I don't know what else I can do as it is certainly fixed somewhere and i don't want to force it as i may damage it completely.

Last edited by MSF; 02-03-2017 at 06:52 PM.
02-03-2017, 06:49 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

is it hanging on the metal strips that go down the sides? The metal pieces with two screws each also go down the sides of the foot and kinda hook in near the bottom of the foot. Are they grabbing the foot and only letting it move a little bit?
02-04-2017, 03:23 AM   #6
MSF

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
is it hanging on the metal strips that go down the sides? The metal pieces with two screws each also go down the sides of the foot and kinda hook in near the bottom of the foot. Are they grabbing the foot and only letting it move a little bit?
HI, no I don't think so, it appears to be fixed/jammed/connected somewhere in the middle. Does anyone have any images of how it looks with the foot removed and the metal pieces hanging down? I am going away for the weeknd so I will try again on Monday with a clear head. Thanks
02-04-2017, 03:14 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ok, I went the extra step and removed the four black screws, the foot literally fell off and the pins remained with the base.

So my previous thoughts about solder blobs was wrong.

Unfortunately I can see nothing which would cause your problem. I can see no reason the metal spring things would jam but you could try sliding the foot into a hot shoe or flash stand to see if it helps.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo