Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2017, 10:35 PM   #1

Pentax 6x7 Atypical film loading issue

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a pentax 6x7 and man is it giving me trouble. I think I may have damaged it in my ignorance but heres the issue:

I set the camera to be able to dry fire. I loaded some film into the back and reeled it up to the start positon and closed the camera back. After that I was only able to turn the advance lever 1 time before it locked and the shutter was ready. I was under the impression that you would have to push the advance lever a few times until your film reached to the number 1 spot on the film counter dial. That was not the case for me, I was at the dots before 0. Anyway. I shoot 10 shots and I then assume that I'm going to wind up my film and take it out of the camera...well that doesnt happen. I advance the lever again and it stops and I have to release the shutter to keep it moving. Ultimately i realized that even after taking 10 to 15 shots my film does not fully wind up. Not quite sure what to do but I'm looking to get it looked at and develop the 3 rolls I've shot to get some clues.

Backstory:

Opened the camera and the first thing I tried to do was turn the advance lever and release the shutter. It didn't work and, as I now know, it shouldn't work without film in the camera. Now I honestly cant remember but I think I might have forced the advance lever to move anyway (it moved a bit and seemed to maybe just be jammed idk I went with it). I dont know If that damaged anything but until I can get my film developed I'm not entirely sure.