Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2017, 02:41 AM   #1

First Photos / Prevew Problems

I Have had my K50 for a couple of years and it has worked perfectly until this last week or two.

When I switch the camera on the first 2 or 3 photos are only just about visible.

If I press the shutter button 4 or 5 times the photos come out as normal and can be seen on the preview screen.

I have tried the reset function a couple of times but the problem still exists

02-08-2017, 03:58 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like your camera has the known aperture block failure that some cameras have. It's mostly common on K-30 and K-50. Just use the search function to search for "aperture block failure" and you will find lots of threads about this problem.

---------- Post added 02-08-17 at 04:07 AM ----------

Pentax Aperture Block Failure Survey Results - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, block, camera, couple, failure, pentax help, photography, photos, photos / prevew, search, times, troubleshooting