Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-7 Burst 4 shots only

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can give me information on how to increase the buffer size on my k-7 because it will only shoot 4 shots and stalls. I used the same card I have in my k-5 that will take 15+ before stalling. I shoot Raw I am just wondering if this is a limitation of the k-7 or if something might be wrong with it.

thank you,
Brian

02-13-2017, 09:48 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Things you should check:
lens correction, shadows highlights correction, any other in camera image processing function.
they all affect the speed of burst shot and therefore the speed of the buffer.
02-13-2017, 09:50 AM   #3
Ole
Administrator

The K-7 should be able to do 14 (DNG) or 15 (PEF). Make sure firmware is updated to 1.11 for SDXC card support if that is the type of card you use.
02-13-2017, 11:29 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Are you using a class 10 or faster card? Your card should have a write speed of 25 Mb/s or higher to outperform the camera.

Like others have mentioned though, check to see that distortion corrections are disabled, as they take forever to process.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-13-2017, 06:06 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Also make sure shutter speed is reasonably high. I was caught once until I realised I was experimenting in the lounge room with low light and subsequent long exposures impacted on the frame rate.
02-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you everyone

I turned off lens correction and its working fine now, I appreciate your help

Brian