Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2017, 12:56 PM   #16
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
ok, BONUS POINTS for all responses except none for the one talking about biscuit crumbs
I'm sensing a distinct feeling of being singled out... when it comes to the sharing out of bonus points here.

Especially so, after my super relevant post number nine on this thread.

02-16-2017, 01:01 PM   #17
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I'm sensing a distinct feeling of being singled out... when it comes to the sharing out of bonus points here.

Especially so, after my super relevant post number nine on this thread.
that one did get Bonus Points

this language:

"except none for the one talking about biscuit crumbs"

excluded the single post, not every post made by that poster.

besides you start out ahead because you spell w h i s k y correctly as do I
02-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
hat one did get Bonus Points this language: except none for the one talking about biscuit crumbs excluded the post, not every post made by that poster. besides you start out ahead because you spell w h i s k y correctly as do I
So there's hope for the old Kerrowdown yet then?
02-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kayakfari Quote
In my case the black finish on the 1000/8 lens gets real hot in the Florida sun.
"Hubble Jr" is thus covered with stretchable 1/16" custom sewn neoprene/lycra sections in lime green.
Cost was less than $20 from an eBay supplier.
Here shown in the wild on a beach in the Everglades:

(click pic for story)
Nice shot of a Würdemann's Heron. I've never seen it in the wild. (It's the rare intermediate between the blue morph and the white morph of the Great Blue Heron. The white morph is also known as the Great White Heron. Not to be confused with the Great Egret, which is also all white.)

02-17-2017, 09:54 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
Nice shot of a Würdemann's Heron. I've never seen it in the wild. (It's the rare intermediate between the blue morph and the white morph of the Great Blue Heron. The white morph is also known as the Great White Heron. Not to be confused with the Great Egret, which is also all white.)
Thanks, I've got to get my Heron's straight!

Did not know there was a name for that type, so I went with a generic 'Heron'..

Here are some more birds from the Everglades shot with various lenses. The Osprey head shots are with the 1000/8.
My latest is a $15 Bell & Howell 'Telate' 3 inch f/4.5 that is a 420mm equivalent on the Q - the Roseate Spoonbills flying.

The Everglades are for the birds! | kayakfari ( kayak .. far .. i )