Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2017, 11:04 AM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vicioustuna2012 Quote
I'm talking about any brand WiFi card, not specifically the flu card.
Well that clears that part up.

My K-50 uses an eye fi card so I wasn't sure if the K-30 could use that either.

All good, you have enough information from others to help you decide whether they are efficient or not.

02-18-2017, 12:11 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Well that clears that part up.

My K-50 uses an eye fi card so I wasn't sure if the K-30 could use that either.

All good, you have enough information from others to help you decide whether they are efficient or not.
Hey, thx for the help though! I've decided not to get one anyway. I honestly can't think of a practical use scenario for me.
02-18-2017, 12:22 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

third party cards like EyeFi or Toshiba FlashAir. Do they work on the k-30?
Just like they do on any other camera, the SD card has an embedded transmitter that can transfer its contents (i.e. image files) to another device. What they can't do is communicate with the camera, so no tethering, no remote liveview.

As you can imagine the embedded transmitter isn't particularly powerful. Wireless file transfer with these cards is much slower than with a USB cable or card reader and their range is only slightly further than a good long USB cable. If you have more than two RAW image files to transfer, it should be quicker to remove the memory card from the camera, walk over to your computer, insert the card in a card reader and then transfer the files to your computer, even if the computer is in another room. If you have a dozen RAW image files to transfer, you could probably walk 10 blocks back to your house before the wifi SD card is finished (and with its short wireless range, your destination computer needs to be in your backpack). I might be exaggerating, but only slightly.
02-18-2017, 12:50 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey, thx for the help though! I've decided not to get one anyway. I honestly can't think of a practical use scenario for me.
You're welcome!

02-18-2017, 12:52 PM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
If you have a dozen RAW image files to transfer, you could probably walk 10 blocks back to your house before the wifi SD card is finished (and with its short wireless range, your destination computer needs to be in your backpack). I might be exaggerating, but only slightly.
Good point! Also made me laugh.