Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 674
K-1: How to toggle off mirror-up shooting?

This is a dumb question, but I have somehow set my K-1 to mirror-up shooting, and now I can't switch out of it. And as I tried to fix it, I somehow set the camera to interval shooting, and I can't turn that off either.

In the menu that has the mirror-up option, I've arrowed over to M-UP and then arrowed down, but the choices only seem to be M-UP and M-up video. There's no off button.

Thanks for your help.

02-18-2017, 02:03 PM   #2
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,142
QuoteOriginally posted by frogoutofwater Quote
This is a dumb question, but I have somehow set my K-1 to mirror-up shooting, and now I can't switch out of it. And as I tried to fix it, I somehow set the camera to interval shooting, and I can't turn that off either.
In the menu that has the mirror-up option, I've arrowed over to M-UP and then arrowed down, but the choices only seem to be M-UP and M-up video. There's no off button.
Thanks for your help.
In the drive mode menu just select the single shot option or whatever other drive mode you require by using the left right buttons on the 4 way pad then press ok.
02-18-2017, 02:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 674
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
In the drive mode menu just select the single shot option or whatever other drive mode you require by using the left right buttons on the 4 way pad then press ok.
Thanks for helping. I am in the Drive Mode and using the 4-way pad. But there is no "off" mode for Mirror-Up that I can see. And it's still doing it.
02-18-2017, 02:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,744
QuoteOriginally posted by frogoutofwater Quote
Thanks for helping. I am in the Drive Mode and using the 4-way pad. But there is no "off" mode for Mirror-Up that I can see. And it's still doing it.
You want to change the drive mode to Single Frame Shooting.

02-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 39,956
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
<br />
<br />
In the drive mode menu just select the single shot option or whatever other drive mode you require by using the left right buttons on the 4 way pad then press ok.
QuoteOriginally posted by frogoutofwater Quote
Thanks for helping. I am in the Drive Mode and using the 4-way pad. But there is no "off" mode for Mirror-Up that I can see. And it's still doing it.
Anything drive mode other than Mirror-Up should be mirror down. I am not a K-1 owner, but I suspect that you need to confirm the drive mode change by pressing the "OK" button.


Steve
02-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 674
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
You want to change the drive mode to Single Frame Shooting.
Ok, thanks!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, k-1, pentax help, photography, troubleshooting
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How torquey is your K-1's mirror? 6BQ5 Pentax K-1 & K-1 II 7 09-18-2016 10:39 AM
Back up ur truck & get ur K-1 from jet.com - $1731.06 to $1796.95 & 15% off jhaji Pentax Price Watch 10 08-04-2016 08:26 PM
mirror up shooting - when do you use it? panonski Pentax K-3 & K-3 II 11 07-13-2016 08:59 PM
how to lock mirror up when taking a shot? redridinghood Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 15 10-03-2015 02:27 PM
Mirror lock up with K-3 v.1.11 Supakatti Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 10 04-21-2015 02:41 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:06 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top