Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2017, 10:15 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Generally, it is never a good idea to cancel a credit card or say that your credit card information has been compromised if it is not true. If you do, it can show up on your credit report and affect It in a negative manner. Unfortunately, once you have a subscription of this type, it is up to the provider to cancel the charges not the recipient. at least in the US.

if you need to cancel a reoccurring payment you need to follow these steps.

1, contact them by phone or instant message requesting that the charge be canceled. make sure you document what is said and who you talk to.

2, follow-up with either an email or one that is sent through the Postal Service, registered mail, requesting the subscription be canceled. This is to document the request. make sure all information is correct.

If the request is ignored, then you can contact your bank/credit card company, and provide the needed documentation. The credit card company should deny any further charges and Refund any charges from the date of cancellation.

Also if the cancellation was ignored, send a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and your local DAs office. Again make sure all information is truthful and correct.

Doing it in this manner should not affect your credit rating. Using some of the other suggestions can adversely affect your credit rating. if your credit rating is adversely affected by this action, you may have grounds for a lawsuit. do it the right way, and everything should work out fine. if you do it the wrong way you may have unforeseen problems later on. And there may not be anything that you can really do about it.

04-04-2017, 10:16 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the responses, everyone. The PF is priceless for getting questions answered. Now all I have to do is remember what my user name and password is. I'm at an age where remembering breakfast is a chore. Yeah, I used the word "scam". The subscription was purchased by someone else. I got a plastic card with a number on it. I had to create an Adobe account. After that the number on the card had to be entered. Then to activate Creative cloud I had to give them a credit card number so that I could "allow" automatic renewal. No credit card, no automatic renewal. No automatic renewal, no activation of a program that's already paid for. In my cynicism I suspect that that subscriptions are forced on us in the expectation that user will forget to cancel. That, as far as I'm concerned is a scam. Add the other issues I'm having with Lightroom and I'm ending it after three months. Again, thanks for the replies. Now, I'm off to try to dig up the password.
04-04-2017, 10:32 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The subscription service is offered to reduce piracy. PS was one of the most pirated software at one time.
04-04-2017, 11:53 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Note, anyone who has a subscription service, such as Internet/Cable service, Netflix, Amazon prime, or any other reoccurring charge on a credit card/bank account, you should do the following.

1, keep up with all pertinent information related to that account. Such as account numbers and passwords. include contact information for that account.

2, print this information out or put it on a Sd card. Do not keep it on your computer. Place this information with your will or other important documents in case something happens. Make sure someone knows where this information is. And that these subscriptions should be canceled immediately, if something happens.

3, make sure this information is kept up-to-date.

Many people forget that these accounts exist. They just pay their credit card off every month and not worry about it. But these accounts can continue long after your death. So make sure they are taking care of.

04-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
The subscription service is offered to reduce piracy. PS was one of the most pirated software at one time.
I'd heard it was also to keep revenue coming into Adobe. Their sales were declining and they found that it was because many people were looking at the upgrades in new versions and saying, "Nope...not worth another $600. I'll just stick with what I've got."
04-04-2017, 02:49 PM   #21
Veteran Member

There's sadly more things 'wrong' with adobes creative suite than would meet the eye..
For instance, try uninstalling..
I once made the mistake to download a test month. It's never ever going on my computer again. The software nests itself into the system an registry that it's near impossible to remove.
I spent hours combing through the registry and using the registry entry remover from adobe (! with this they sort of admit that a regular uninstall won't remove everything) and I still had things left over.

Believe it or not I still sometimes see the "Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service" running in the background, the only adobe software I regretfully have installed is flashplayer (and even by that download they try and make you get yourself bloatware).

As good as Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere etc. are, I can never recommend software that is this hard to remove to anyone.
04-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #22
Veteran Member

For me, it is a good value. It's like buying lightroom every year and getting PS for free. I like the catalog and the ability to quickly edit/sort my photos. I will happily accept a cheaper option when it becomes available, but at the moment, the time savings I experience is worth a lot to me.

Good luck, let us know what you switch to.