Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
04-14-2017, 05:33 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by quh86 Quote
+1 for the 21mm. Focal length-wise its similar to Smartphone cameras, which i think is very suitable for most applications. It is my most used lens. I would recommend getting the green ring-version. its cheaper on ebay (~300 eur) and gives you great looking starbursts
Me too on the DA 21 Limited whether it is a used green ring SMC or a new HD DA version. I bought a used green ring SMC 21 and it is my most used lens. Exceptionally compact and sharp enough for heavy cropping it quickly became one of my favorites. Although it is screwdrive autofocus, the short throw focus and light weight means there is very little screwdriver noise. As others mentioned buying one limited leads to severe LBA. Once you have a DA 21, you will be looking to get the DA 15 and or DA 40 limiteds very soon.

04-14-2017, 05:38 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ritualnet Quote
but it seems... difficult to manually focus without say a split circle to use to focus with, and no focus peaking either to help out.
I might be mistaken but there should be a focus indicator of some sorts in the K-5 (blinking sign in the viewfinder and maybe an accoustic sound - depending on your camera settings) if you half press the shutter button or the AF button on the back (again depending on your settings) while focusing the lens manually. It only works for the centre AF point with manuall focus lenses but that shouldn't be a big issue.
But even without focus indicator should normal and telephoto lenses be fairly easy to focus by sight allone. Wide-angle lenses are more tricky in that department.
04-14-2017, 06:34 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
16-45mm f4 you wont regret it !