Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-14-2017, 10:11 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
no shake reduction K-70

I can't get the shake reduction feature in my K-70. It was there a few days ago. It's 'greyed out' in the info button options and also in camera 4 menu options. I just can't get at it to turn on again! It's the same with any of the mode dial options.

Could it have been affected by using an old K mount lens from film camera days? After that I put on the 50mm pentax lens that I got with the camera, but still has the problem.
Set to single shot, no time delay.

Any help here?

04-14-2017, 10:17 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

even though single shot and no time delay, is it still set for remote control somehow?
04-14-2017, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zagg Quote
Could it have been affected by using an old K mount lens from film camera days? After that I put on the 50mm pentax lens that I got with the camera, but still has the problem.
SR works even with old film lenses. You can turn SR on or off with some dials or in the Info menu.

I recommend you dismount the lens, make sure the lens and camera mount are both clean and free of damage.
Modes like 2 sec timer and maybe even modes like HDR bracketing and some others can block SR. Maybe check the manual?
04-14-2017, 11:24 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The key is ensuring that the drive mode is not restricting SR, and that pixel shift is off.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-14-2017, 11:29 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
even though single shot and no time delay, is it still set for remote control somehow?
Hi! You're spot on! Who in Ricoh designed a bright green rectangle at the left of the options and then used a much less obvious one to show what has been selected? Ah well, learn yer camera Zaggy!!
Many thanks ClickClick
04-14-2017, 12:14 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

welcome - been there
04-16-2017, 12:38 PM   #7

Original Poster
Grabbed my old Sigma 100 - 200mm Macro lens from film days yesterday and went into the garden to try a few shots handheld with the anti-shake rediscovered. I've uploaded a couple of them, both with the Macro dial turned on and at about 100mm I think. Then I photoshoppd the wasp onto the Pansy for the wife's Easter card! I'm quite encouraged by what I got just 'happy snapping' - and without setting any menus for the lens.
Thanks for your posts.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo