Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #1

Problem with K-x camera

Hello everybody!

Today I have acquired used K-x camera. I have not previous expirience with any Pentax cameras, so I have one little question

I have - K-x with a last firmware from pentax site, 2 sets of fresh and good accu, 3 different SD cards (10 class), default settings, Auto pict mode.

If I shoot in ordinary environment - all working good. If I try to make photo with a bright (sunny day weather) light or with lack of light (under my table ) a problem is arised. Camera aquire focus, show correct values at indicator in the viewfinder, and ready to go. Next I completely press shutter button and hear sound of mirror, after it camera waits around 5-15 seconds (indicator shaded, values of ISO, shutter speed etc. blinking and changing), and then I hear shutter sound. Image does not write.

Is it camera problem? Or may be I miss any settings?

With best regards,
Vasily

04-15-2017, 01:26 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Try using a couple different modes, such as P and Av, etc. If those do not work correctly I suggest going into the menu and do a factory "reset".
04-15-2017, 01:49 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Would be a good idea to try exposing M mode to check to see if the camera can shoot correctly in those conditions.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-15-2017, 01:53 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Try using a couple different modes, such as P and Av, etc. If those do not work correctly I suggest going into the menu and do a factory "reset".
Factory reset did not help. Problem exist in all modes except LV.

04-15-2017, 01:55 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Would be a good idea to try exposing M mode to check to see if the camera can shoot correctly in those conditions.
In M mode I have this problem too
04-15-2017, 03:28 PM   #6

Is the drive mode set to 12 second time delay (AKA self timer)? That would explain the delay between the mirror sound and shutter sound, but not the failure to write an image.
04-16-2017, 12:06 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cthulhugan Quote
Is the drive mode set to 12 second time delay (AKA self timer)? That would explain the delay between the mirror sound and shutter sound, but not the failure to write an image.
Drive mode is set to 12s. But delay from 5 to 15 seconds.
04-16-2017, 04:14 AM   #8
CLG

I have a k-x and have never heard of that problem. Just to clarify, do you want it to have a delay or not?

04-16-2017, 01:33 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CLG Quote
I have a k-x and have never heard of that problem. Just to clarify, do you want it to have a delay or not?
Of course no. I dont want to have this delay I think this delay is not normal for camera. Just like to know is it hardware problem, or software/settings issue.
04-16-2017, 03:44 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Hello

Please check if your setting for the “drive mode” is “Drive Mode Single Frame Shooting” (first option from the left) – you access this option by pushing the “circular” button above the “OK” button and then you get a menu where you have five main options.

If you have not this setting as described – per your description it looks that you have active the third option “Drive Mode Self-timer (12 sec.)” instead, thus getting 12 seconds between activating the shooter button and the camera actually taking the shot -, you have to change the setting to the one described above to get the camera shooting immediately after pressing the shooting button.

Best regards,
04-17-2017, 12:48 PM   #11

Original Poster
Would like to say "thank you" to all who posts the answers! You have showed me the right direction
I have check all modes and settings, and remarked one thing - aperture did not changed in any modes and environments. I have checked it, and saw - arm (on camera body) which changes aperture on the lenses did not moved.

Some googling and I have got a video with exactly same problem on K50/K30

Now my camera fixed and working in all modes