Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2017, 06:45 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Please HELP - film photos

I've shot a few rolls of film through my Pentax K1000 with no trouble, finally I got a roll developed for the first time at Walmart and I went to pick them up today and only 5-6 pictures came out the pictures are cloudy and dark can anyone help me??

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 7  Photo 
04-22-2017, 06:52 PM   #2
Forum Member

Looks like you have light leakage of some sort. Maybe the foam seal around the film insert door needs replacing.

04-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks as though you have an extensive light leak all around the rear door, put especially along the top. The groove around the edge of the door is lined material that has worn down, flattened out, dried put, or (unlikely) peeled away. I cannot recall if this lining is foam or velvet-like cloth, but if it is foam, that can get dried out to the point were it crumbles to dust and falls out. It may be possible to have it replaced.
04-22-2017, 06:56 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
These seem to show light leaks. When was the last time you checked the seals and mirror bumper? These are inexpensive and easy to replace. Jon Goodman has kits very reasonable and instructions and tools included.

04-23-2017, 03:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Looks like a rear-door light seal failure. As others have said, this is a very easy fix - a local independent camera shop can probably do it for you for a small fee, and DIY is also very easy, with kits for most popular film cameras available online.

However, given that the variable in the experiment at this stage is where you had it processed, I'd also try having another roll processed elsewhere to make sure it wasn't operator error at Walmart, since you shot other rolls successfully and it would be unusual for light seals to fail so drastically and so suddenly.