Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
05-31-2017, 04:20 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Super takumar 105mm f2.8

Hi, everybody

I bought this takumar lens and I can't find any information about this mount. It is not the usual M42 screw mount.
Please, somebody can help me?
Thank you!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Xperia M2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Xperia M2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Xperia M2  Photo 
05-31-2017, 04:28 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There is some sort of adapter on it. Try to screw it of. When it's stuck try of a back lens cap wil fit over it to unscrew it.
05-31-2017, 04:31 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
There is some sort of adapter on it. Try to screw it of. When it's stuck try of a back lens cap wil fit over it to unscrew it.
No, it is not an adapter, it is fixed to the lens, it can not be unscrewed.
It's a kind of Practika B mount but smaller...
05-31-2017, 04:52 AM - 1 Like   #4

It looks like the lens was modified with some adapter permanently attached. Are there screws in the two holes on the flange? The two cutout slots on the mount are suggestive of a tool to help unscrew an adapter.

05-31-2017, 05:15 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

I can still see the m42 mount below it. It doesn't look like a lens mount with only two screw holes in it. It maybe be a Mamiya mount adapter of some kind (because of the notch in one of the bayonet flanges). If it really won't come of with a moderate amount of force applied it is probably glued on.
05-31-2017, 06:00 AM   #6

Original Poster
I can still see the m42 mount below it. It doesn't look like a lens mount with only two screw holes in it. It maybe be a Mamiya mount adapter of some kind (because of the notch in one of the bayonet flanges). If it really won't come of with a moderate amount of force applied it is probably glued on.
Hey guys, you were right!
I've force the mount and finally I could unscrew it!!
It was an "Hama" adapter from m42 to Mi... I don't know what kind of mount is Mi...
Thanx a lot. Thanks!!
05-31-2017, 06:14 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can still see the m42 mount below it.

I have to agree, it definitely looks like an adapter mounted on the normal m42. Try to use some kind of tool / knife in the two slots to unscrew it.

05-31-2017, 06:17 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bengan Quote
I have to agree, it definitely looks like an adapter mounted on the normal m42. Try to use some kind of tool / knife in the two slots to unscrew it.
Thanx a lot.
05-31-2017, 07:31 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

I was just about to reply that it looked like a Minolta MD mount adapter on there, when I saw the response that you finally got it off. Good for you. Have fun with your lens.
05-31-2017, 07:56 AM - 1 Like   #10

The notch for the locking latch is in the wrong place for Minolta SR or Konica AR mounts. My guess is Mamiya-Sekor EF mount for their Z cameras.
06-02-2017, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
The notch for the locking latch is in the wrong place for Minolta SR or Konica AR mounts. My guess is Mamiya-Sekor EF mount for their Z cameras.
I've got here in my hand a Japanese made "M-42 - Minolta" adapter. Can't see a brand on it, but from the back it looks identical to what's on the fellow's lens in the photo. I'd say his "Mi" marking refers to Minolta.

That was one of the cool things about the "universal" M42 mount. It appears several manufacturers purposely designed their bayonet mounts to have such short registration distances that M42 adapters fit and still allowed infinity focus. I don't recall if Minolta made an M42 adapter of their own, but Canon did. The Yashica/Contax mount also supported an M42 adapter, but that's because Yashicas used to be M42.

Anybody know if Mamiya had an M42 adapter for their NC camera?
06-02-2017, 07:15 PM - 1 Like   #12

Yes, it's a knock off of the genuine Miinolta P adapter down to the non-standard location of the notch and the holes and slots for the removal tool.

Here's the backside of the OEM Minolta P-adapter. Notice the holes and slots for the removal tool.

Here is a Minolta to M42 adapter I bought from Fotodiox - no markings whatsoever.

Here is a OEM Minolta Leica (m39) adapter. Note the position of the lock notch and notches for the removal tool. It has holes on the front for the tool but they don't go through as with the P adapter. Tool pictured following.

Below are the mounts for a Kiron 80-200 f/4 (for Minolta), Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 and MC Rokkor-PF 58mm f/1.4 lenses. Note the location of the lock notch on all of them.

Typically if the notch is located in the center it is a Konica AR lens. On the far side (going clockwise) as pictured above for Minolta and on the near side it's for Mamiya EF. Just goes to show there are exceptions to rules.
06-14-2017, 05:10 AM   #13

How are you liking this lens?
06-16-2017, 01:06 AM   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WarpedTrekker Quote
How are you liking this lens?
Yeah, it's an amazing lens. Now I'm using it with 4k video and I can say that this kind of old lenses, especially the russian lenses (japanese too), are really great for photos and video. Takumar, Helios, MIR and Jupiter. Amazing!
06-16-2017, 08:00 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah there's something special about some of the old "glass-and-brass" lenses. If you're using it in the sun, don't forget a hood, though. Modern sensors are more sensitive to flare and reflections than film was. Post a couple shots when you have a chance.