Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-05-2017, 04:38 AM   #1

Problems reviewing images.

I'm new to photography and I've just bought a brand new K50. I went out on the first day and took 40 photographs as practice to learn the camera. When I got back I pressed review and only the first 16 can be reviewed. The other 24 have an error message saying unable to load image. All subsequent photographs have the same problem. What did I do wrong and how can I undo it. Thank you.

06-05-2017, 04:42 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Same problem when you put the card in your computer? Also, what brand/spec memory card are you using?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-05-2017, 07:15 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry you had such a poor first experience. The problem is almost certainly the memory card.
As Adam notes this can be checked by testing the card in your computer. Does it work there? Is this something you had, you bought, or the dealer supplied with the camera?

You might try a different card if you have one available. It is also a good idea to format the card in the camera as soon as you it put in. If the problem persists after trying a different card and formatting the card in camera, I would take it back to the dealer since it is brand new. Ask for a replacement not a repair. But I think surely it is the card, not the camera.
06-06-2017, 11:15 AM   #4

Original Poster
It was a brand new card. Tried it in the computer and had the same problem as in the camera. Took the one out of my little point and shoot camera and all working fine. You were right. Many thanks.

06-06-2017, 05:22 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad you got it sorted. Do yourself a favor and buy a new Sandisk Pro or Extreme Pro card with a speed of at least 80mb/s. You only need one and they last years so spend the extra few dollars and get a good one.
06-06-2017, 10:04 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Glad you got it sorted. Do yourself a favor and buy a new Sandisk Pro or Extreme Pro card with a speed of at least 80mb/s. You only need one and they last years so spend the extra few dollars and get a good one.
Or think of it as buying a thousand rolls of film, that makes any card seem cheap!