Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2017, 09:06 AM   #1

645Z Intermittent Mirror Stick

Hello,
I am having an issue in which the mirror on my 645z will stick up for about a half second before capture. It doesn't happen with every frame, but probably 20% of the time and there is no condition that I can identify that causes it to happen. I've tried resetting to factory settings and trying all options on shake reduction. Has anyone else experienced this? It's extremely frustrating and I am currently unable to use the camera for anything besides still life. Thank you!

06-07-2017, 07:30 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by team_ream Quote
Hello,
I am having an issue in which the mirror on my 645z will stick up for about a half second before capture. It doesn't happen with every frame, but probably 20% of the time and there is no condition that I can identify that causes it to happen. I've tried resetting to factory settings and trying all options on shake reduction. Has anyone else experienced this? It's extremely frustrating and I am currently unable to use the camera for anything besides still life. Thank you!
So I understand, you're saying the shutter release is sometimes delayed by 1/2 second? Do the images appear properly exposed? Are you using a focus-priority setting (or ANY priority)?

Last edited by FilmORbitz; 06-07-2017 at 07:34 PM. Reason: addl info
06-08-2017, 08:07 AM   #3

Original Poster
Yes, shutter release is delayed, though mirror flip is not. Exposure is fine in all modes (m,Av,Tv) and the issue occurs in manual and autofocus, so I don't think focus-priority would be an issue, though I'm not sure if I've tried it.

10-15-2018, 06:37 AM   #4

I’ve just started having the same problem and looking for a solution. Sometimes goes dozens of good frames between. I’ve got about 70,000 shutter actuations and am hoping it’s not the whole mechanism. I’ve got a call into Precision Camera before I send it in.