Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2017, 02:07 AM   #1

K1 camera wifi problem

I tried using the wifi with image synch on my mobile to take pictures remotely and every so often the camera wifi went off and had to go back and switch it on again from the camera. Is there some time limit how long it remains on? Couldn't find anything on the manual.

06-10-2017, 03:18 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jdou Quote
I tried using the wifi with image synch on my mobile to take pictures remotely and every so often the camera wifi went off and had to go back and switch it on again from the camera. Is there some time limit how long it remains on? Couldn't find anything on the manual.
I don't believe there's a setting specific to the wi-fi, but there is a auto power-off setting in the camera itself. I'd increase that if needed.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-10-2017, 04:06 AM   #3

Original Poster
I doubt whether that it the issue since once it went off while I was taking photos! Could other wifi networks in the proximity have an impact on it?
06-10-2017, 05:28 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes other networks or network cards can interfere. I notice it on shoots near houses. It can be annoying at times.

06-10-2017, 05:28 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jdou Quote
I doubt whether that it the issue since once it went off while I was taking photos! Could other wifi networks in the proximity have an impact on it?
I've had my WiFi switch off if my tablet decides it wants to switch to a different network.
06-10-2017, 05:36 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
On your phone, turn off 'Ask to Join Networks'. Your phone will stop seeking and responding to the presence of another SSID Broadcast.
06-10-2017, 06:21 AM   #7

Original Poster
In fact I've noticed that sometimes it just stops responding no matter how much you touch the phone. I will try out your solution once again.
01-27-2019, 08:52 AM   #8

Hello there
I have the same problem with my
WiFi on my k1
I can take a few pics with image sync and the it drops the WiFi connection tho it says it is still connected in the iPad WiFi settings
Seems like it’s defo a camera fault as I have to turn the camera off to turn the WiFi back on!
If I try to reset WiFi or turn it off in the menu I get a screen saying “processing data”
Did you sort out the problem on yours?
I don’t know if it’s because of the new firmware I installed last week!!

01-27-2019, 10:15 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ditto on configuring your device (phone, PC, etc...) to not ask to join other networks. You might go as far as to ask it to forget all other networks that might have previously connected in the area.
But do allow it to remember your K1's network so it will auto connect, should it get disrupted for some reason.
It should remain connected, and when communication is frequent, the camera may not even go to sleep. My auto file transfer program pings the camera every few seconds to see if new images are available, and the camera never sleeps on its own over the course of multi-hour shooting events.
01-29-2019, 01:19 AM   #10

Hello,
I have checked all that! The strange thing is that the iPad show’s it’s still connected to the pentax in WiFi setting’s but the app says there is no connection and to reconnect I have to turn off the camera.
If I go into settings and try and manually turn off WiFi it says processing data!!
It’s strange it starts ok then quits after around 5 to 10 shots!
Does anyone know If there is customer support at Pentax where I can talk to a technician ?
Did have a quick look on there site but couldn’t see any link ?
02-11-2019, 07:53 AM   #11

Photos: Gallery
I have the same problems.