Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2017, 06:24 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am having trouble locating the User Manual. I have a couple more places to look . If I do not find it by the time the camera is mailed, here is a link to a place on amazon that you can order one from. Or you can just down load it from Ricoh. http://https://www.camera-manual.com/model/pentax-*ist-dl-camera-manual-22358. I do not know anything about this co. other than they are on Amazon, and the price seems reasonable. If I find my manual after I ship the camera I will mail it to you.

06-11-2017, 06:33 PM   #17
mee
Veteran Member

What about a little compact camera that has advanced modes (Aperture priority, Shutter priority, etc) ? Does it need to be a DSLR?
06-11-2017, 10:13 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
I am having trouble locating the User Manual.
Can get it here: www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/istdl.pdf
06-12-2017, 03:47 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
What about a little compact camera that has advanced modes (Aperture priority, Shutter priority, etc) ? Does it need to be a DSLR?
The kid's uncle and mother are both Pentaxians, so it makes sense for him to stay in the system and be able to borrow their lenses. And frankly, there comes a point beyond which P&S just cannot go - or grow. Chances are he's been hankering after his mother's camera for a while now, and he might as well get in with a ground-level DSLR that will still give him vast growth potential. Even without being able to use SDM/DC-only lenses, he's in an extremely good situation for glass. In any case, the issue appears resolved - I believe the OP says he's got an *istDL coming with a 35-80 zoom on it.

06-12-2017, 09:27 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I am having trouble locating the User Manual. I have a couple more places to look . If I do not find it by the time the camera is mailed, here is a link to a place on amazon that you can order one from. Or you can just down load it from Ricoh. http://https://www.camera-manual.com/model/pentax-*ist-dl-camera-manual-22358. I do not know anything about this co. other than they are on Amazon, and the price seems reasonable. If I find my manual after I ship the camera I will mail it to you.

No problems, I'll just tell him to download the pdf version.
06-12-2017, 10:42 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
No problems, I'll just tell him to download the pdf version.
He or you can do that while it is shipping. I do not remember if I reset the AF function or not. I use back button focus. It may still be set that way. If you try to AF and it doesnt' then it is still set to the OK button. If it does then I did reset it. You can change it in the menu. One thing different is that the SD card door has a button to push to open . not like the later models where you just slide the door.
It is boxed and I drop it off on my way back to work.
06-12-2017, 10:55 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
He or you can do that while it is shipping. I do not remember if I reset the AF function or not. I use back button focus. It may still be set that way. If you try to AF and it doesnt' then it is still set to the OK button. If it does then I did reset it. You can change it in the menu. One thing different is that the SD card door has a button to push to open . not like the later models where you just slide the door.
It is boxed and I drop it off on my way back to work.

Great, thanks, I'll check it out once it arrives for things like the back button focus. And once again, this is much appreciated.