Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
06-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #16
KDD
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
I have one spare for the K-50 and rarely needed it. I think, being 24MP with one slot you might need a 32GB card though, or carry spares
Mine 64gb memory.

If you use live vuew, juice little fast. I mostly use OVF and better save battery.

07-22-2017, 09:37 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just to update a little, in case anyone other than me was curious!
I had a play with a K70 today. I honestly thought it was horrible! My local shop still have a brand new K3 on the shelf, with 18 - 55 which I don't need. They are going to get back to me with a price, as I'm interested and it's just going to sit there otherwise.
Update to come.
07-29-2017, 10:30 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
And the price of the new K3 was £660, body only. I reckon that's a really hard sell now.
07-29-2017, 12:16 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The K-3 is not listed Camera price buster anymore, it's discontinued I believe so that is old stock anyway. What was it about the K-70 you did not like?, although a little more square or less curvy than the K-50, I think it looks quite smart.

07-29-2017, 12:59 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
The K-3 is not listed Camera price buster anymore, it's discontinued I believe so that is old stock anyway. What was it about the K-70 you did not like?, although a little more square or less curvy than the K-50, I think it looks quite smart.
I felt it was horribly boxy, and very uncomfortable to hold. and actually felt cheap. Certainly by comparison with similar priced Nikon. Awful looking screen too. I certainly wouldn't be able to get on with it. I was quite disaapointed to be honest.
I have a K3, it's great, if I could have got another at a silly price I would, but have now bought a used K3 II, well I say used, it has a claimed shutter count of 274, that's less than I take in a day.
07-29-2017, 02:21 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevriano Quote
I felt it was horribly boxy, and very uncomfortable to hold. and actually felt cheap. Certainly by comparison with similar priced Nikon. Awful looking screen too. I certainly wouldn't be able to get on with it. I was quite disaapointed to be honest.
I have a K3, it's great, if I could have got another at a silly price I would, but have now bought a used K3 II, well I say used, it has a claimed shutter count of 274, that's less than I take in a day.
Enjoy the K-3ii , its a known quantity. I have not held a K-70 and only have my K-50 to go by, but I still use it and enjoy it even though its a mid level body.
07-29-2017, 03:24 PM - 1 Like   #22
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevriano Quote
Congrats on the K-3II - you'll love it It's so close to the K-3 as makes no difference in most situations, but the additional features - pixel shift and GPS - are great to have when you need them. Of course, it loses the built-in flash, but you have your K-3 for that. All things considered, I'd say it's a perfect pairing... But then, I'm biassed

Shutter count of 274? That's basically a new camera

07-29-2017, 10:52 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Congrats on the K-3II - you'll love it It's so close to the K-3 as makes no difference in most situations, but the additional features - pixel shift and GPS - are great to have when you need them. Of course, it loses the built-in flash, but you have your K-3 for that. All things considered, I'd say it's a perfect pairing... But then, I'm biassed

Shutter count of 274? That's basically a new camera
Yes, pixel shift is interesting. I'm curious to see it's benefits, as I think the K3 pics are fab anyway, the best APS-C until Nikon made the D500.
I reckon the ex demo models in shops will have a higher shutter count...