Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2017, 05:43 AM - 1 Like   #16
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Update: thanks for suggestions, "Bonus Points" awarded to all

first please no comment on the quality of the original photo, it was from the early 90s with a Pentax film camera ( can't recall the model ) and a manual focus Vivitar Series 1 2.8-4.0 70 - 210 mm macro zoom [1:25] ( ver. 3 ), Kosine) and among my first efforts ever to pan a moving race car at speed.

The "value" of the photo was that in the lower right it bears [ pun intended ] the signature of the great Walter Payton ( the driver of the race car ) better known as the Hall of Fame Running Back from the Chicago Bears. He signed it the next year after accepting a print of the photo from me. not your usual autograph by Walter Payton -

" Walter Payton

Thank you

very much

# 34 "

the first photos shows what I had after several months of attempting to flatten the photo by placing it under game boxes with weights on top

Name:  IMGP2826a.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  166.0 KB

the second and third photos shows some of the damage to the actual print caused by improper storages

Name:  IMGP2829a.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  147.1 KB

Name:  IMGP2828a.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  177.5 KB

that can never be repaired as far as I know.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

the good news are the next photos

this is what I got after having the damaged photo digitized by my local brick and mortar photo shop and having it professionally framed and mounted

Name:  IMGP2827a.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  142.0 KB

these are photos taken to show the areas damaged in the original print.

Name:  IMGP2830a.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  134.1 KB

Name:  IMGP2831a.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  141.1 KB

the original print with the autograph is being carefully stored between two sheets of card board to protect the autograph " you betcha "

Last edited by aslyfox; 08-25-2017 at 06:01 AM.