Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2017, 11:58 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxmz Quote
Update:

Hello all,

I just received a phone call from Sigma service.

I am told that they cannot calibrate the lens to my Pentax K-3 (shipped with the lens). I was given no other details except that they had no issue calibrating my Sigma lens to their own Pentax K-3.

Before they ship everything back to me, can anyone help by providing a possible explanation as to why they cannot calibrate the lens to my camera?

Something doesn't seem right. My K-3 works perfectly with every other lens that I own (including two other Sigma lenses).

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Hi pentaxmz, ask them if the firmware on their camera is the same as yours...if same, push them for an explanation of why this can be as it makes no sense....good luck!

07-28-2017, 08:11 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photomax7 Quote
Hi pentaxmz, ask them if the firmware on their camera is the same as yours...if same, push them for an explanation of why this can be as it makes no sense....good luck!
The only thing I can envision is a loose/shorting lens contact in the key conductor?
07-28-2017, 08:43 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GlassJunkie Quote
The only thing I can envision is a loose/shorting lens contact in the key conductor?
Thanks, but I would expect that should affect my other lenses.

07-28-2017, 09:04 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks, but I would expect that should affect my other lenses.

Good point. Did they do the K-1 mod for you? It might be interesting to see what firmware is in their body vs yours (maybe they checked). Assuming that your AF/ Mirror/ PPrism are sound, I end up at a misaligned diopter in the eyepiece, forcing interpretive errors. Sorry, it's above my "pay grade"... Best wishes on the journey

12-11-2017, 04:03 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

UPDATE:

My Sigma Lens was sent to Sigma Service, along with my Pentax K-3, and they tell me that they can't calibrate the lens to my camera. However, their own K-3 can be calibrated. Any clues as to what might be wrong with my camera? It works fine with all my other lenses. Thanks.

Hello all,

It's been quite some time since I posted in this forum. Priorities...

I was looking at this page, Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database - there are some very beautiful photo examples! Kudos to the photographers!

But I realised that my Sigma lens cannot even come close to capturing details. Despite my camera believing a scene is in focus (it even appears good through the viewfinder), the end results are a soft focus. There aren't any obvious problems with the lens elements so either I am not using the settings correctly or this lens has some kind of flaw.

I still have two years of my warranty remaining on my Sigma lens and I really need to get the focus problem solved.

However, before I ship the lens off for repairs, I was hoping to get enough advice in order to assure myself that the problem isn't me.

Thank you,
Shawn
Hi there.
What brand of filter, are you using?
I had a cheap no name brand on mine (good quality ones are expensive in this size range) and ended up with soft focus issues too.
I now shoot filter-less using my K3-ii and get close on "tack sharp" images even hand held. (I use the lens OS rather than the K3 IBIS)
Ervin