Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2017, 02:37 AM   #1

Absolute Beginner K-70 Challenge

Hello All

I bought my wife (an absolute beginner) a K-70 for her birthday, I know, what a lovely husband I am eh!

I work abroad and so had the camera sent to the UK for her and she's managed to change a setting during her unboxing & playing phase, which is now preventing her being able to use it at all ..........
Here's her explanation of what is happening:

"You press the button to take a picture then you don't see anything through the viewfinder and it clicks like a timer, it goes black until you push the button again and then you can see again, but while you are looking through to take a picture the lines that are normally in view to help you focus on an image have gone too"

I have downloaded the user manual in an attempt to help her (remotely), but without the camera in my hands it's hard for me to work out what she's done to it.

I'm not home for a while, so thought I'd ask the Pentax community if they know what she's done, just from the explanation above

Regards

Roy

07-20-2017, 02:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Video blacks the viewfinder out, since the sensor needs to receive the projection from the lens constantly.

Edit: Bulb mode also keeps the sensor illuminated (and the mirror up) until the shutter button is pressed again.

Have her check the mode dial, and have her put it back in Av or P mode.

Last edited by LensBeginner; 07-20-2017 at 02:48 AM. Reason: posted again instead of editing
07-20-2017, 02:47 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like bulb mode.
07-20-2017, 02:49 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like she might have put it in mirror up mode. You need to go into the drive mode menu and select single frame (the green icon).

This is accessed (while outside any other menu / during regular shooting) by pressing the right directional button on the 4-way pad, and is thus pretty easy to change inadvertently.

Also, keeping the main mode dial (on top of the camera) in the green auto setting will lock a lot of the menus and prevent other things from being changed accidentally.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank You all, much appreciated.
We live, we make mistakes and we learn

Regards

Roy