Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2017, 01:15 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
And Sigma 35mm f1.4 art for Pentax, which I bought brand new sometimes is hunting for focus when it's plenty of light. It's impossible to predict: at one moment focusing is immediate and precise, then it starts hunting. Not a big deal really when you have time to focus slowly, but still, it's almost $1k lens ...
You can search the forum for threads about these lenses. Some people had them exchanged, some used the Sigma dock.. see if you can get any helpful tips there. I don't have Sigma lenses, can't speak from experience.
Also, do those lenses have Quickshift? It helps a lot with my DFA 100mm's long throw. If the AF is far or starts hunting I just let go of the AF button and manually twist it. With some practice you can get really close to the correct focus by hand in under a second. And you can then run AF again, when its less likely to hunt

07-26-2017, 05:05 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Also, do those lenses have Quickshift?
Details...https://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/sigma-30mm-f14-art/introduction.html

In case one is short on time to find the reference...yes, it features the Sigma equivalent.

Steve
07-26-2017, 07:35 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I have no idea about Quickshift on Sigma. Actually I've never focused that way. Either AF, or manual, but not together.
07-27-2017, 06:11 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I have no idea about Quickshift on Sigma. Actually I've never focused that way. Either AF, or manual, but not together.
I find i useful because often I pretty much know where the focus should be, so I do it by hand and then use AF only to do the last part and confirm
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
In case one is short on time to find the reference...yes, it features the Sigma equivalent.
thanks for the info