Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2017, 08:05 AM   #1

Editing image

K10D. I want to save a magnified part of JPEG photos that are still on my camera. I took the photos as JPEG. I thought that I read of a way to magnify with camera and save only the magnified photo (sacrificing the original). I'm fine with losing the original to the magnified image. Thanks, Kathy

07-30-2017, 08:53 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Copy the file to a computer, crop as you want and re-save. Or am I missing something? I am not aware of any way to do that in camera, but then there are many things I don't know.........
08-02-2017, 12:23 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With the image displayed on the rear screen, push the down button on the four-way controller. "Crop" should be one of the options. Follow the on-screen directions to crop that portion of the image you want.
08-03-2017, 12:20 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K(s)evin Quote
With the image displayed on the rear screen, push the down button on the four-way controller. "Crop" should be one of the options. Follow the on-screen directions to crop that portion of the image you want.
Thanks so much for responding. My camera is >10 years old. Crop is not an option given. When I enlarge and hit OK it reverts to the original image, as stated in my Manual. Any ideas?

---------- Post added 08-03-17 at 12:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Copy the file to a computer, crop as you want and re-save. Or am I missing something? I am not aware of any way to do that in camera, but then there are many things I don't know.........
Thank you for responding. I wanted to save the zoomed image on the camera. I think my camera is too old for that option.