Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-02-2017, 08:08 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
BS, take a look at some of the picture threads you'll find all kind of missing links...
Because people either edit the photo or remove it.

08-02-2017, 08:43 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Or the missing links are from photobucket, not flickr. Do a search on the photobucket debacle and you'll understand it more.
08-02-2017, 10:14 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is a good example Photobucked and Flikr: Takumar club - Page 9 - PentaxForums.com
08-02-2017, 11:42 PM - 1 Like   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The first ones are from photobucket which was what I mentioned because photobucket is now charging a fee in range of $400 for anyone to post their photos. Most users of photobucket have moved to flickr (note the name spelling please).

As for the flickr shots, these are 9 years old and member could simple have had a limited account and removed them from flickr himself to make more room or simply just removed them from flickr for any of number of reasons.

I have photos on flickr dating back to 2009 and they are still visible on this forum unless I removed them from flickr myself. Which I have done when I first started because at first time using flickr I had a limited account and when I first started using flickr, their amount of space wasn't unlimited like it is now.

08-03-2017, 03:34 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Which I have done when I first started because at first time using flickr I had a limited account and when I first started using flickr, their amount of space wasn't unlimited like it is now.
The free accounts aren't unlimited, but at 1 TB they might as well be
08-03-2017, 01:12 PM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Why don't you do a copy and paste to your laptop and then download the picture using the Pentax Forum download. In a few months your picture(s) on Flikr will be gone and we are left with an empty link(s). Just saying...
Because the forum download (upload actually) hopelessly munges some (most?) photos....Just saying...

Edit: I might add that many of the photos I uploaded to PF to support lens reviews, technical articles, and such disappeared without a trace during one of the site upgrades. When that happened is when I started linking out to Flickr.

Steve

(...there is a reason why so many of us link out our shared images...)

Last edited by stevebrot; 08-03-2017 at 01:28 PM.
08-03-2017, 01:13 PM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

BS, take a look at some of the picture threads you'll find all kind of missing links...
That is the fault of the person who posted removing the photos.

My first upload to Flickr...October 2008...

Steve