Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2017, 02:03 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Flickr linking problem

I know there must be an obvious solution to get my photos from Flickr onto posts here, I tried searching, but no luck. I am switching my photo hosting to Flickr and I cannot figure out how to properly link/insert a photo from Flickr. I use the "Insert Image button and paste the entire BBCode as it appears in Flickr share box. But all I get is a small blank box. If I preview that, I see my photo title, my name (both live linked), but no imaage. If I post that I get "/img" text but no image. I managed to get a photo posted by editing the BBCode to only the URL ending in .jpg, but it does not link back to Flickr, nor is it expandable.

08-02-2017, 02:21 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Make sure you get the code correctly with the tags intact. To share on the forum you only need the part between the image tags, including the tags.

It should look like this
08-02-2017, 02:34 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In Flickr click on "download this photo"......"view all sizes"... select the size you want...right click and copy image location.
08-02-2017, 04:45 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've never had any issue...

Full code should look like this...

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 7.48.17 AM.png
Views: 183
Size:  28.2 KB

If you make any changes to the photo itself, Flickr will give it a new filename and break all the old links...

Last edited by boriscleto; 08-02-2017 at 04:51 AM.
08-02-2017, 04:52 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Correct way is what boriscleto shows. In PentaxForums and by flickr agreement when you signed up, your photo needs to link back to flickr. Also, you need to tick the radio button to chose "BBcode" otherwise you won't see the code boriscleto shows in his post.
08-02-2017, 08:11 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lectrolink Quote
I use the "Insert Image button and paste the entire BBCode as it appears in Flickr share box.
I think the problem is using the PF insert image button. That is adding extra tags for a link to an image, when the BBCode coming from flickr already has everything you need. Just copy and paste the BBcode from flickr directly into your post, without using the insert image button.
08-02-2017, 08:29 AM - 1 Like   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I think the problem is using the PF insert image button.
What he said ^ ^ ^

All one needs to do is to copy the BB code from Flickr into the message box. As noted by photolady, this works nicely and satisfies the Flickr user agreement that shared images link back to the Flickr page.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 08-02-2017 at 08:35 AM.
08-02-2017, 10:15 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
What he said ^ ^ ^

All one needs to do is to copy the BB code from Flickr into the message box. As noted by photolady, this works nicely and satisfies the Flickr user agreement that shared images link back to the Flickr page.

Steve
OK, I'lll stop using the insert image button. Evven though my BBCode looks like what Boriscleto posted, the insert image button must add someting else. Thanks to all.
08-02-2017, 03:54 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why don't you do a copy and paste to your laptop and then download the picture using the Pentax Forum download. In a few months your picture(s) on Flikr will be gone and we are left with an empty link(s). Just saying...
08-02-2017, 04:19 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
In a few months your picture(s) on Flikr will be gone and we are left with an empty link(s).
Why do you say that?
08-02-2017, 04:44 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
Why don't you do a copy and paste to your laptop and then download the picture using the Pentax Forum download. In a few months your picture(s) on Flikr will be gone and we are left with an empty link(s). Just saying...
I've had photos on Flickr for years. No change in the link...

Unless you mean Flickr is going out of business...but Yahoo was just bought by Verizon. It isn't going anywhere.
08-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
It isn't going anywhere.
That's good news. I would hate to think the four thousand odd photos I have uploaded to flickr, I would have to reload somewhere else.
08-02-2017, 05:08 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
That's good news. I would hate to think the four thousand odd photos I have uploaded to flickr, I would have to reload somewhere else.
I'm over 7000. 17 GB

My Pro subscription is up on Sunday. I wonder if it is still going to be $24.95. They said it would be grandfathered for 2 years, and it's been 2 years...
08-02-2017, 05:14 PM   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Mine was up last month and it was still $24.95. So you should be okay there, boris.
08-02-2017, 08:03 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Mine was up last month and it was still $24.95. So you should be okay there, boris.
BS, take a look at some of the picture threads you'll find all kind of missing links...