Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2017, 09:52 AM   #16
Site Supporter

I had one and finally sold it as I also had an 18-135. Sort of sorry I let it go as it was very light and balanced well on the K-S2; the 18-135 make the camera front heavy. It helped to lightly pull on the front while pushing the button and twisting. Became second nature after a while. My current standard lens is a 40 XS which seems as heavy as a lens cap.

Church Key

08-13-2017, 06:00 AM   #17

Original Poster
Did you find this 135 mm lens better for K-S2 and can do macro? What brand name? I have 50-200 mm lens that make this camera heavy and not well for macro. The good is no button to push to turn the ring. It do good in distance beyond five feet - focal length f/4.0 - 5.6 same as 18-50 mm lens. I will use this 18-50 mm lens for needed some time in future because I am feeling discomfort in opening and closing the lens. Happy focusing... thanks.

Last edited by Penview52; 08-13-2017 at 06:02 AM. Reason: expound
08-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Macro means it can do really close focusing, more than other lenses at that same focal length.
The DA 50-200mm and DA 18-135mm allow maximum magnification (at nearest focus) of 0.24x. The DA 55-300mm allows 0.28x, so a little more, but not really very noticeable. DA 18-50mm is 0.23x. If you want to do closeups you should get a lens with the macro tag. Macro fixed-focal length lenses are super sharp and very versatile.
Lower mm number means more wide angle. Bigger mm number means it is telephoto, it brings far away thing close. But macro is another thing, macro means it has really close minimum focus distance, so you can be very near the subject and still get focus
08-15-2017, 05:21 AM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Macro means it can do really close focusing, more than other lenses at that same focal length.
The DA 50-200mm and DA 18-135mm allow maximum magnification (at nearest focus) of 0.24x. The DA 55-300mm allows 0.28x, so a little more, but not really very noticeable. DA 18-50mm is 0.23x. If you want to do closeups you should get a lens with the macro tag. Macro fixed-focal length lenses are super sharp and very versatile.
Lower mm number means more wide angle. Bigger mm number means it is telephoto, it brings far away thing close. But macro is another thing, macro means it has really close minimum focus distance, so you can be very near the subject and still get focus
Yes I believe you. In macro you can close up object and you can see the depth of field, f/3.2 to 8 , 35-70 mm, I am looking for this pentax or other brand that fits the pentax K-S2.

08-15-2017, 06:13 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

You should read through some of the Macro forum discussions here. Which kind of macro you want depends on what you want to do. You have plenty of macro choices for Pentax, once you decide which FL you want. I have two macro lenses, a 28mm Sigma and 100mm Pentax, for different purposes.
6 Days Ago   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
You should read through some of the Macro forum discussions here. Which kind of macro you want depends on what you want to do. You have plenty of macro choices for Pentax, once you decide which FL you want. I have two macro lenses, a 28mm Sigma and 100mm Pentax, for different purposes.
Is the 28 mm sigma lens auto focus function? Can you post sample of macro photo. give some details...thanks.
6 Days Ago   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, it's screw-drive autofocus. I use it for photographing models an small subjects. I use the 100 for insects etc.
It's a nice lens, but it's big. It is very nice for close work.

Here's an album of recent shots with the 28mm, of my most recent batch of miniatures. Lit with LED panels.
My Wonderfest Entries 2017 | Facebook
2 Days Ago   #23

Original Poster
Opening and closing the lens in a unusual manual manner is feeling discomfort and uneasy feeling, it ends up returning the lens to B&H. I hope they could replace it with a natural function ( slight pressing the button ). The lens is quite good because of auto focus function and i can shoot closer objects with no question on the photo. Hoping pentax will create collapsible lens without manual button but fully motorized one. Thanks for your views, it helps educate me on my new lens.