Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2017, 04:25 PM   #1

Pentax 6x7 MLU question Film counter Dry Fire

Hello,

I have a pentax 6x7 MLU. Took it in for a repair/CLA last week and it came back with everything working as I thought it should.

Just went to dry fire it to test the shutter speeds and when I open the back door and try and rotate the "film counter wheel" the wheel moves but the counter does not. So I cant dry fire the camera.

I put a blank roll through and it seemed to advance fine. Anyone know why the "trick" to dry fire the camera wouldn't work after a CLA? Should I worry? Is it safe to use?

Thank you for your time!

08-15-2017, 10:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is a copy of the 6x7 manual. You have to follow specific procedures to dry fire a 6x7/67.

http://www.cameramanuals.org/pentax_pdf/pentax_6x7.pdf

Phil.
08-15-2017, 10:57 PM   #3
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
If the counter is frozen?
It sounds like the tension to the dial was not properly set prior to installing the counter dial.
You should contact that repair guy about it.
If the transport is in gear while the door is open, then the transport sync is not correct and could be an issue.