Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2017, 08:19 AM   #1

Pentax K30 Cable

I have a K30 from just after they were released if it makes a difference.
I have been told on the forum about the cables they use.
I went to WalMart and with my cable because I know asking for help without a visual aid would have been useless.
I looked at both micro hdmi and mini hdmi cables. Both are bigger than the connector on my Pentax cable, so what is this connector? I ordered a cable from Amazon which was suggested to me but I am pretty sure it is not going to work, not unless WalMart and Best Buy just have it all wrong.

08-22-2017, 10:14 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K-30 does not have an HDMI port, unlike the flagship models which have a micro HDMI connector. I think I mistakenly gave you a recommendation for the K-3 cable earlier, which would be a micro HDMI (male) to standard HDMI (male), so apologies for that. It's still a nice cable to have around as it's what most cameras use these days.

The K-30 can output analog video through this special cable which connects to its micro USB port:

Pentax I-AVC7 A/V Cable 39552 B&H Photo Video

More info on this (I-AVC7) can be found on page 200 in the manual. Most TVs still have analog video input, but if you plan to use any other type of monitor I would first verify that they have that input.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The K-30 does not have an HDMI port, unlike the flagship models which have a micro HDMI connector. I think I mistakenly gave you a recommendation for the K-3 cable earlier, which would be a micro HDMI (male) to standard HDMI (male), so apologies for that. It's still a nice cable to have around as it's what most cameras use these days.

The K-30 can output analog video through this special cable which connects to its micro USB port:

Pentax I-AVC7 A/V Cable 39552 B&H Photo Video

More info on this (I-AVC7) can be found on page 200 in the manual. Most TVs still have analog video input, but if you plan to use any other type of monitor I would first verify that they have that input.
Yep, I was going to use with laptop which does not have A/V connections. Although I did find male A/V to HDMI but I would need female/female adapters.
Thanks for the correction.