Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2017, 03:54 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
100 Macro Focusing Issue

Was wondering if anybody else had an issue where the 100 DFA Macro would hunt for focus on the K1 and stay locked at max magnification and get "stuck"?

When focusing in low contrast light (and especially live view), 50%+ of the time it will focus at max magnification (close) and then make sounds as if it can't get back to distant focus. It's not a quick switch, and this only started recently.

08-23-2017, 04:10 AM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have had a problem with my dfa 100 macro's af, off and on, but no more than with any of my other af lenses

I put it up to operator error, perhaps my settings are wrong or I am too close, not the fault of the camera or lens combo

usually I can clear things up by quickly trying to focus on something else at a different distance and then trying again.

if my settings are wrong, then ---

my biggest problem is the same as with all other lenses. Since I had cataract surgery, my distance vision is great, but my near vision is bad, which was expected and I often am not wearing my reading glasses so the "notices" on the camera are not clear enough to give me guidance.

are you getting any messages from the system ???

Last edited by aslyfox; 08-23-2017 at 04:34 AM.