Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2017, 01:01 PM   #1

cannot see pictures on simcard from computer

I have a Pentax K-X model camera. I have a simcard, the sdhc sandisk, uhs-I card. When I look at my pictures on the camera, they all show up. When I try to upload them onto a computer to print off the pictures, for some reason it cannot read the sim card. What is the problem that I'm having and how exactly do I fix it?

08-23-2017, 01:37 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You will have to provide a little more info to get some help. What OS are you using? Are you trying to transfer using a cable from camera to computer or a card reader?

With a little more info somebody here will be able to help you, it's one of the best things about the forum.
08-23-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think the UHS-I cards are SD XC type cards. Your card reader may only read SD and SD HC cards. Check your card reader. You may need to buy a new card reader.

If the card reader is okay for UHS-I cards (SD XC) can you try another card. It could be the card reader that is at fault.

Regards

Chris
08-23-2017, 03:10 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by seventhdr Quote
I think the UHS-I cards are SD XC type cards. Your card reader may only read SD and SD HC cards. Check your card reader. You may need to buy a new card reader.

If the card reader is okay for UHS-I cards (SD XC) can you try another card. It could be the card reader that is at fault.

Regards

Chris
I agree, it's quite likely that if a card reader is being used, it can't handle the SDXC format.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-23-2017, 03:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Does the K-X have a USB port? If so this would be an easy way to try to copy the images.

By the way, a SIM card is a chip that goes in a phone that contains your phone number and allows it to connect to a network. What you have there is a memory card, or SD card.
08-23-2017, 05:01 PM   #6

I don't think the K-x even supports SD XC cards.
08-23-2017, 06:05 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I don't think the K-x even supports SD XC cards.
With the latest firmware update it does..