Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-02-2017, 02:55 AM   #1

Exposure values on K50 flashing in low light!

Hi,
This is my first time on the forum and the first time in any forum.. Hello to every one.
My first DSLR. Last camera I had was a Minlota 700 so no experience with DSLR at all.
I purchased a K50 recently ( April 2017 ) and have had no issues until a few days ago. No matter what mode I am in ( including using flash ) when I use the camera in low light the exposure values flash on and off. As soon I point the camera towards the sky or any light for that matter the flashing stops. The camera can be used as normal in any mode when the flashing happens. When I increase the ISO the exposure values still flash. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a solution to this?

09-02-2017, 03:59 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The flashing is normal and is the camera's way of telling you that the light levels are so dim that the light meter might not be accurate.
09-02-2017, 04:09 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
The flashing is normal and is the camera's way of telling you that the light levels are so dim that the light meter might not be accurate.
Thank you. Very much appreciated. Was going to take it back to the shop where I purchased it. Boy, that would have been embarrassing. Thanks again.