Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2017, 11:05 AM   #1

Submitting a Comment as a New Member

Hello !

I'm new to PF service and wanted to Submit a Comment on an article, "Hands-on Review with Pentax 55-300 PLM Lens". When I clicked on "Submit", it stated that I needed to either Logon or Register. Having completed the Registration Process I went back to the article and clicked on "Submit" again. Now, it wanted me to start a New Thread (or "Post" as it's called) ? But, on what ? I want to work with the article's Comment section. To me, a New Thread would be unrelated to the article. So, without opening a "New Thread", (a) how do I submit the Comment without a New Thread, or (b) how would I submit the Comment direct to the Author perhaps as an e-Mail message ? I'm interested in purchasing the 55-300 PLM Lens, but withholding until I can gather more info on the K-3 II focusing issue he brings up.

Tx.

09-08-2017, 11:25 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Are you sure you are really logged In?
09-08-2017, 11:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm not sure about commenting within an existing staff review. But anyway you would be better posting a new thread in the Lens section, so that more people can see it and give their advice.
09-08-2017, 11:33 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DennisB Quote
Hello !

I'm new to PF service and wanted to Submit a Comment on an article, "Hands-on Review with Pentax 55-300 PLM Lens". When I clicked on "Submit", it stated that I needed to either Logon or Register. Having completed the Registration Process I went back to the article and clicked on "Submit" again. Now, it wanted me to start a New Thread (or "Post" as it's called) ? But, on what ? I want to work with the article's Comment section. To me, a New Thread would be unrelated to the article. So, without opening a "New Thread", (a) how do I submit the Comment without a New Thread, or (b) how would I submit the Comment direct to the Author perhaps as an e-Mail message ? I'm interested in purchasing the 55-300 PLM Lens, but withholding until I can gather more info on the K-3 II focusing issue he brings up.

Tx.
You need at least one post on the forum before being able to comment on articles (as an anti-spam measure), so sorry about that. You should be able to comment going forward without further trouble

As for the issue at hand, at the time that article was written the K-3 (original) did not support this lens, but it has since received a firmware update. There's also an update for the K-3 II:
Pentax K-3 II Firmware v1.10 Released - Firmware Updates | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-08-2017, 01:40 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank You Everyone for Your Quick Response

Thanks everyone for your responses ... Adam responded with what I was looking for.