Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2017, 06:12 AM   #1

RMC Tokina 80-200mm,1:4

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, but I hope I will get some useful advice for the problem I am encountering.

So, I just bought mentioned zoom lens, and mounted it on my Pentax K1000. I tried to take a pic, but when I pressed my shutter release button, it did not "click" as usual, and my viewfinder went black.

I then switch to my standard SMC Pentax 1:2 50mm lens, pressed the button again, it "clicked" and now it works fine, taking pics as usual.

Does anyone had this problem with Tokina 80-200mm, or know something about that?

Thank you very much for any advice/solution.

09-12-2017, 08:04 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I assume this is a PK mount lens (check!). The rmc's were pretty much all P-KM, no electrical contacts.
First visually check the lens, specifically the iris and aperture function. Does teh lens close down when you rotate the aperture ring? Does the iris open and close smoothly and snappily when you manually manipulate the aperture lever sticking out of the mount?
Check your camera settings see here:

Using Manual Lenses (M42 Screwmount, M , K) on Pentax DSLRs F-- - PentaxForums.com
09-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hey marcusBMG. Thank you for response. Yes it is PK mount, and there is no electrical contacts of any kind. It is all purely mechanical.

I checked the lens, checked iris and aperture functions, everything is working fine. To be more precise, problem occurs when I try to take a photo with Tokina 80-200mm. I press the button, and then viewfinder goes black. When I unmounted the lens, I found out that the mirror got stuck up and won't come down, hence the viewfinder is blank.

I then need to mount my other lens, press the button again and the mirror is down. I can't find answer on the internet. So, why does the mirror won't go back on Tokina zoom lens, but works fine with my standard Pentax lens?

Thank you for any suggestion
09-13-2017, 06:00 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you in M (manual) mode?